Chapter Twenty Five

"Vivian!" Cecilia cried as I walked, "Thank you so much! I'm so happy to be back!" Her eyes looked misty as though she'd been crying on and off with Viper. Viper laid shirtless across the couch and Cecilia scurried to bring his drink to him. I took his shirtless-mess as a sign of sex, and tried to shake the thought off. Cecilia rushed to me and hugged me. I saw Viper physically tense up, and shrugged her off. 

"Yeah, nice to see you to." I walked straight up stairs and flopped into my bed. I groaned and contemplated the thoughts of destroying her and Viper for the sake of Savannah. I contemplated doing it for the sake of myself as well. She was flawless and seeing her sent trills of warm energy through me. Her hug sent me into a quivering state of nothing but pure wanting and I breathed in heavily trying my best to relive her sweet scent. I might have shrugged her off and pretended I didn't care, but I was dying to taste her lips and feel her on me again. I closed my eyes and just saw, basking in the hatred and the love. A knock at my door startled me. I sat up, hopeful. 

"Hello?" A voice was on the other side. 

"Come in." I opened my eyes and pretended to be scrolling through Facebook on my phone. I watched Cecilia's slinky figure rush into my bedroom and the door shut. "What are you-"

"Sh, I know you're playing uninterested because of Viper." She moved closer to my bed and I felt the nerves welting in me.

"Where is he?"

"Some boy came by and wanted to go for a bike ride. They'll be gone at least ten minutes, I'll go back downstairs like nothing's happened."

"I'm not playing uninterested for Viper's sake," I said at last, "I'm doing it for mine." She looked baffled and I studied her for a minute. Each of her features were turned down and I wanted them to be perky more than anything. 

"I don't understand."

"It's simple." I played the part well and refused to give up Savannah and I's plot, "You're with Viper." I stood and walked to my sketch book and pencils. She watched me, and I could feel her eyes. 

"Yeah, but I was with Viper before too." She said, adjusting herself on my bed to properly look at me. I looked her over and seated myself on my window seat. She was confused, and her emotions were showing across her face and in her body language and posture. I used the outline pencil to quickly jot the drawing into my book. She seemed to not notice, and I was glad. She stayed still, waiting for something. "Are you going to explain it to me?" She asked at last and I felt a corner of my mouth turn up behind my book. I knew better than to let her see, and think it was a game. I remembered Savannah's pleading and dropped the smile instantly. I set the book down, and sighed. I pinched the bridge of my nose in false irritation. I set the book aside, face down to avoid risk of discovery and returned to my bed. She watched me the entire way without moving an inch. Her deep eyes followed me and I shut mine to avoid the sadness. I let her decision welt into me, giving me fluid and raw emotion. 

"You were with him before," I said in a stiff tone as I laid back shutting my eyes, "as soon as he figured it out and things got hard- you picked him. I gave you an option, you had the choice. He was it. He was your decision. So live with it." I spit the last fragment out in order to get the reaction I wanted. 

"Well," she inched her way away from me, "that doesn't mean I can't feel anything for you." She got up, with tears in her eyes. I felt remorse as I realized it was truly hurting her, but knew I had to in order to make it work. She turned and I watched her through invisible slits in my eyes until she touched the doorknob. I shot out of bed and walked to her. 

"Wait," I whispered, "maybe I'm just-" She turned to face me and looked down, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"Maybe you're just what?" She asked in a whisper. Her hot breath caressed my face with a gentle need and I knew what the best way to execute the plan was. Make the same mistakes and hope Savannah was capable of stepping in. 

"Maybe, I'm just bitter." I winced as the word left my mouth for once and pulled her into me. Her hips hit mine, and I took her face in my hands. She let her mouth find mine and I kissed her bag wishing it were really for the intentions Savannah and I had planned. She backed me up slowly until I slipped into my bed. She came down on top of me and kissed me harder than before. I wondered if this was the way she kissed Viper and then it didn't matter. Her hands found my bare stomach and her dark eyes were scrutinizing. She tucked her thumb into the waistband of my shorts and continued kissing me until the engine sounded outside the window. She sat up quickly and gasped. She tugged her hand back and herself off of me. I wanted to reach for her and force her back onto me to feel her there again. She smiled at me gently and then blew me a kiss as she walked from the door on tiptoe and stuck into Viper's bedroom. 

"Babe?" Viper called out loudly from downstairs and she flicked the television in his room on and I heard the voices of a show mumble to each other. 

"I'm up in your room baby," she called back, "and I'm in a hell of a good mood, so you should come fast." I knew what she was hinting at and hated myself for letting her walk out of my room and into his. She was the only girl in the entire world I would ever hunger after and make out with only to have her waltz into my brother's bed to finish what we had started. I sat up and wiped my mouth in the mirror. I took my phone and called Savannah's number. 

"Is it done?" She asked in a frantic and panic stricken tone. 

"No," I said reluctantly, "but it's just started." A small part of me wanted to ramble the gory details to her because she was still my best friend. I knew better and I heard her evil chuckle from the other end of the phone and tried to ignore the desire swirling in the pit of my stomach. 

"You're the best." She whispered to me. 

"I know," I hung up before saying anything else and flopped back into my bed. Approximately a minute and a half alone with her and I was a mess. I fixed my hair and walked into the kitchen to get a drink and try to clear my mind of all things Cecilia related. As the guilt flooded into me I realized that for once, this was really for Viper's sake. "God," I groaned, "I suck."