Chapter Fifteen

"Vivian!" The voice was gentle and I searched for it in my dream but was not successful. "Vivian!" The hushed yelling whisper came again and I looked around trying to locate it in the dream until the hands gripped my shoulders. I opened my eyes and gasped. I expected it to be Savannah, and I reached up to touch the person towering over me and discovered it wasn't Savannah. Her pixie nose gave her away and I looked up to Cecilia. She smiled at me and I scooted over in bed without thinking about it. 

"Hi," I said weakly, "I'm glad to see you, there's something I want to talk to you about." 

"What is it?" She asked. 

"Don't tell Viper."

"Tell Viper what." I motioned between us. 

"About me and you." I said to her, "It'll hurt him. We just have to end this, for good."

"That's probably for the best of Viper and I and Bella and you."

"There's no 'Bella and me'." I said slowly, "I messed that up." 

"How?"

"It'll make ending us harder." I said to her through a slight laugh. 

"It was to do with me," she whispered and then laughed, "I'm sorry." 

"It's not your fault," I laughed and she pulled the blanket back and laid in my bed with me, "It's mine."

"I'm the one that created the problems." She whispered. I looked at her curled in in the dark and saw her as a little girl for the first time since I'd met her. I realized that Bella had been right, she was older than her even if she was the same age. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked.

"This is hell." I groaned. 

"What's hell?" 

"Being gay, and dealing with it, and the medicine, and the feelings." 

"I've been through it." 

"Yeah?"

"You're doing better than me so far." She laughed. 

"How's that?" I asked her.

"Well, you've never hit anybody. You're not on probation. You've never even had a girlfriend yet."

"You did all those things?"

"Yes." She whispered, "You know why I'm here so much?"

"Why?" I asked carefully studying her to make sure she was ready to tell me. 

"I'm more comfortable here. I hit my father, he arrested me. I'm on probation now."

"The girlfriend thing?" I asked her.

"I dated multiple to keep from developing real feelings." 

"And now?" I asked.

"Now I have real feelings for two people at the same time." She whispered it, and I took it in. Her breath was sweet on my face and I looked her over again. She was gorgeous and I hated myself for telling her not to tell Viper. I hated myself for being so damn attracted to her. 

"I better be one of them." I joked. She pressed against me and I cuddled her close. She was soft in my arms and her breathing was even and set me into a drowsier mood. I checked the clock and found out that it was nearly four in the morning. I closed my eyes and let myself drift into a light sleep that eventually turned into a deep sleep with pleasant dreams. 

-

I was surprised to wake up and have her cuddled into me still. She was gently snoring and I kept my arms around her. She was sleeping soundly, and I was hardly awake. When she woke up, I stayed still. She moved slightly and rolled over looking at me.