Chapter Twenty Two: Savvy's point of View

The door slammed and I heard Vivian slump to the ground on the other side. I shut my eyes and tried not to look directly at Viper. 

"Savannah?" He asked in a childlike voice.

"Yes Viper?" I asked.

"Please help me." My heart tore a bit and I felt myself relax and my strength weaken. I looked into the curtain. He was shaking, and his skin was pale. "It's a relapse." 

"What were you on?" I asked as I neared the curtain. 

"Everything." I pealed it back and reached in to take the contents in his hands. He grabbed my arms and I gasped as he tugged me forward. My legs hit the edge of the tub, and I flew into it. I looked up at him from the ground of the shower and he smiled apologetically. 

"Well," I pushed into standing and felt the weight of my soaking wet clothes, "let's get this over with." I took the shampoo from his hands and looked him over as I poured it into my own. He looked at me, and was in a trance like state as I scrubbed his hair gently. My fingers intertwined with his lush locks felt semi-right, and I fought the attraction. He held on to my waist for support and I bit my lip. I backed us up in a fucked up slow dance into the stream of water. "Tip your head back." I whispered. He was compliant and I rubbed the soap out, away from his eyes. 

"Thank you." He murmured. I reached out and took the towel into the dry part of the shower. I led him forward again dabbed the water away from his eyes and nose. His lips parted and I watched them as desire slowly crept up my body. I couldn't hear Vivian's breathing anymore and presumed she was readying clothing for him to put on. I emptied his conditioner into my hand, and scrubbed that in next. His hair was cleaner already, and I felt accomplished. The water was a murky brown, like someone was rinsing hair dye instead of grime. I nearly gagged, but made myself continue. I ran my hands around him to the bottle of body wash and poured it onto the washcloth. I took my time, and made sure he was getting effectively clean. He smiled down at me as I scrubbed. I ignored the look in his eyes and decided it was either a relapse, or a high coming on. His body was clean, and I was pleased. I guided him into the water again and rinsed his conditioner. He was nicer looking already, and I prided myself. 

"Savannah?" A knock at the door sounded and the almost affection was broken.

"Almost done." I said to her. I helped him from the shower and towel dried him. I opened the door and she began to walk in. "Whoa! Still naked."

"Savannah, you're-"

"Soaked." I said, "I know." She smiled and handed me the clothes. I slipped them onto him as though he were a toddler and led him to the mirror. I pulled out a bottle of shaving gel and spread it on his face. I wet the razor and slowly shaved the five o'clock shadow from his face. He watched me carefully the entire time, and I could feel his eyes. I didn't dare glance into them until I finished, and he looked whole again. He looked like the same jerk who adored me for years. Now he had a reason. 

"Finished?" He asked.

"Yes, finished." I whispered as I dabbed the water and gel off with the same towel. He smiled at me and I felt the shiver coming on. I was soaked, and unlike him, I didn't live here. He took my face in his hands and wiped a smudge of mascara from my eyes. 

"I got it." He whispered. He looked cleaner, and more sober.

"Thank you." I whispered and then he kissed me. His lips were soft and he smelled fresh. His mouth was gentle, and I was surprised. It wasn't a hungry, demanding kiss. It was a soft kiss of admiration. 

"Hurry!" Vivian pounded the door, "I think my mom's home!" I pulled back.

"Fuck." I muttered trying to think of an excuse to keep him with me, "Right! Um. Teeth!" He looked confused. "We have to brush them!" I coated the toothbrush in paste and began scrubbing his teeth gently. He gagged occasionally and I tried to slow my shaking. My heart was throbbing in my chest and I tried to not feel anything but compassion for Vivian and her brother, who was like my brother. When I finished I wiped his mouth and he looked me over.

"Done?" He asked.

"Yes." He opened the door and Vivian fell into the bathroom and nearly slipped. He cought her, but let her go as soon as she was safe from hitting the floor. His expression hardened as soon as he saw her, and I felt the tension growing. 

"Are you going to get my bike?"

"Yes." She whispered. "Savannah, will you take me over in my car?"

"What if he leaves?" I asked.

"Right." She groaned. "I'll call Levi."

"Levi?" I asked. 

"Long story. Sit with Viper." She pressed her phone to her ear and stormed from the house. I turned to Viper and he looked at me strange. 

"Savannah?" He asked.

"Yes?" I whispered.

"My offer is still open." He said.