God Doesn't Close One Door Without Opening Another

"God doesn't close one door without opening another." I am sure most of you have heard that phrase. It has been several years ago, so I may not tell this exactly right, but one of the first messages my preacher preached, he compared us walking through life, like walking through a hallway. Through the hallway there were many doors. These doors are like different opportunities for you to do something for God. The doors are different paths God has laid out for you, but we don't always do what God wants us to do. We have to do what God wants us to do and go through the door God has opened for us.

After we get saved, we should want to serve God, not drift through life, while passing by different doors of opportunity.

The doors we entered may eventually close. That is God telling us He has something new for us to do, and we go through the next open door.

Sometimes we may want to walk out the door we entered. We might say, "God this path is too hard. Let me do something else." God doesn't give us more than we can handle. The experiences we have in life make us stronger, gives us patience, and it brings is hope in God.

Romans 5:3-6

King James Version (KJV)

3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

1 Corinthians 10:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

God will help carry the load when it is to much for is to bear. He will help us. God will help us, and He be our light on our darkest days.

Psalm 27

King James Version (KJV)

27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

What do we have to be afraid of? God is with us all the way. No matter what situation we are in, and no matter where God sends us, He is there holding our hand.

Psalm 55:22-23

King James Version (KJV)

22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

23 But thou, O God, shalt bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in thee.

Remember that God never closes one door without opening another.

Isaiah 22:22

King James Version (KJV)

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Revelation 3:7-8

King James Version (KJV)

7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

No one can close a door God has opened but God Himself. No one can keep you from serving God, and doing what God wants you to do. You can stop yourself by not following God. When God opens a door for you, enter. You never know when God will close that door.

Let all the glory and credit go to God in everything I do.

God bless!!