Cheerfulness

Proverbs 15:13

13 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Proverbs 12:25

25 Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Proverbs 17:22

22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

If you are saved, you have something to be thankful for, and to be happy about, for God has saved you. There are going to be tough times, but God is always with you. Be happy, God loves you!

John 16:33

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

You find peace in Jesus. If you are not saved, accepting Jesus into your heart leads to a wonderful feeling of inner peace. Jesus has overcome everything. He came to earth to die for the sins of the world, he hung on the cross, died, and rose three days later. He done it all for us so that we would not have to face hell. The Bible says in:

1 Corinthians 15:57

57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:14

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us,

Mark 15:38

And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

When Jesus died, the veil in the temple was torn. We don't need a priest to come to God. We can go directly to Him through the blood of Jesus Christ.

If you are saved, in the world we will have trouble because we are children of God. The Bible says in:

2 Timothy 3:12

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Romans 8:37

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

However, we have hope in the promises of God.

1 Corinthians Chapter 11:1-2

1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

2 Peter 1:4

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Acts 27:25

25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

Romans 4:20-21

20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

2 Timothy 1:2, 12