Study GOD's Word

2 Timothy 2:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

When we get saved, we need to study God's word. How else are we to learn about our Savior, and what we wants us to do or don't. The Bible can point out things we are doing that is wrong. When God is calling us to do something, God's word can guide us to what it is. I don't remember the verse, it might be this one, 2 Timothy 2:15, I am not really sure, but God pointed out a certain verse for my preacher when he was called to preach.

Another thing is that even though we don't follow the Law like they did in the Old Testament, it is still good. It can point out sin in our life.

2 Timothy 3:15-17

King James Version (KJV)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Romans 7:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

The Bible says not to covet, if you covet, you sin. The Law is good to point out sin in your life. In 2 Timothy 3:16, the Bible says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" everything in the Bible is good, and useful in our Christian life.

Back to the first verse, 2 Timothy 2:15, when you are witnessing to a lost person, they may ask why you believe what you believe. Other questions could be asked where you would need to give answers to that person. You can't just say, "The Bible says so," you need to back up what you are saying with actual scripture in the Bible. We, as Christians, need to learn verses and study the Bible so we can be ready to witness to the lost. Even if you are speaking to another Christian, they may have questions as well.

If you have not already, I encourage you to start remembering verses, and studying the Bible so you can be ready when questions are asked. The fist two verses I would start with are . . .

John 3:16-17

King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

These are some of verses I would use when witnessing to a lost person. I need to remember them as well. There are many verses on salvation. Here are some more . . .

Revelation 22:17

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Romans 10:9-10

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Revelation 3:20

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 10:28

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Here are some of the verses on salvation. While reading this if God is knocking on you hearts door, telling you to get saved, would you let Him in. Salvation is a free gift from God. Jesus loves you, He will always love you, and He died for you. He doesn't want you to go to hell. Ask Jesus to save you. If you are lost confess you are a sinner, believe in your heart that Jesus is God's Son, who shed His blood, died on a cross, and rose three days later. And you will be saved. Ask Him to come into your heart and you will be saved. The thief beside Jesus on the cross asked Him to remember him, and that is all it took. You don't have to pray a long prayer, just ask Jesus to save you.

Sometimes there is a verse that I have read over, but when I want to use it, I don't remember where it is, or the content of the verse, I may remember parts of it though. I take what I remember though and I look it up. But I need to remember whole verses and where thy are. Those of you who may have not started remembering verses yet, but want to, I would say where it is first, then I would say the verse. It helps me to remember. Saying the verse out loud, and repeating the verse until I can say it without looking a the verse works.

I am going to start posting challenges, I read a book that posted challenges, I think that is a great idea, so I am going to do it to. My challenge for you is start remembering verses. I need to do it as well. We all need to be prepared when a question may be asked. In this chapter I included a verse from Romans chapter 7. That is a good chapter to read if you want to read it.

Continue to keep me in your prayers. I need them.

Let all the glory and credit go to God.