Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"So, what I want to know is, how did Bruce and Clint get together anyways?" Tony asked, his mouth full of partially chewed cookie.

Steve smacked his arm. "Didn't anyone ever teach you manners?"

"What? Everyone wants to know," Tony shrugged.

"I meant about talking with your mouth full."

"Oh. Well, anyways, nobody answered my question. I'm looking at you, Bruce," Tony gave a pointed glare to said science nerd.

"Why do I have to tell you? Ask Clint," Bruce mumbled, after swallowing.

"Nope. You're my best friend, not him. Therefore, it's your duty to explain to me," Tony replied.

"Fine. Well, I guess for me, it started about a week or two ago. I was feeling lonely - you were too busy with your boyfriend to notice - so I called Natasha and asked her if I could come over and hang out with her. We've been 'friends' for a while now. She said I could, as long as I didn't mind hanging out with her friend, Clint. I accepted and came over. See, we'd already met all the times you two," He gestured to Steve and Tony. "Got us all together for group dates or whatever, but we barely exchanged two words the entire time. So, Natasha disappeared for awhile, and we talked. I don't know, I just was... attracted to him," Bruce continued awkwardly. "He was good company, and I liked him, despite the fact that we barely have anything in common. I didn't tell anybody, though I would've told you, Tony, if you weren't so... preoccupied, about it. I figured I'd forget about him in a few days. I didn't, and since he wouldn't leave my mind, I told Pepper. Pepper, however, couldn't keep her mouth shut, and she ended up asking Clint what he thought of me. Apparently, he responded with something along the lines of, "I'd tap that.""

"I said no such thing! Twisted words, I swear," Clint denied.

"Right. Pepper told me what he 'said', and then proceeded to make a reservation for us at the restaurant. If I recall correctly, I think it was the same one that Tony and Steve went on their first 'date' at, but I don't remember. So, through Pepper's Cupid-esque schemes and Clint's oh-so-eloquent tongue, we ended on a date. The rest you guys already know, I suppose," Bruce shrugged. "I did ask Clint not to tell you guys about us, because I wasn't sure if we were going to end up 'dating' or not."

"So... the diary entry wasn't about your wedding?" Barney said.

"... No. We're not getting married, we just went on our first date!" Clint scowled. "Who says we're even together? Maybe we're just dating occasionly or something."

"Really? Wow, I thought we were together now. Suppose I was under the wrong impression," Bruce mumbled.

"No, that's not what I meant! I was just wanting Barney to shut his stupid face!" Clint protested.

"Guys, keep the domestics outside, if you please," Loki muttered, taking a sip of cocoa.

"Well, guess I can understand that. He is a pretty big jerk," Bruce said thoughtfully.

"Friends, if you'd been watching the windows, you would have noticed that the snow stopped minutes ago," Thor said, interrupting the conversation.

"Marvelous, I want to go home," Loki said, relieved.

"Okay, looking for clarification here. Bruce and Clint are together, correct?" Steve spoke up. The two nodded simultaneously. "The snow stopped," Thor nodded. "And we can go home?"

"Yeah. C'mon, vamanos!"

"Tony, did you just quote "Dora"?" Steve looked amused.

"Pfft, no. I learned Spanish last night. Now let's go, I'm tired," Tony yawned, stretching the 'i'.