Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

That afternoon, Peggy walked up to Steve's door and knocked exactly three times. She was contemplating her situation.

If Steve liked her, she might have to do what she came for, but now that she was here, she wasn't so sure that she wanted to.

If Steve truly did have feelings for Tony, (Which she highly doubted.) she figured it would make what she was planning a lot easier.

But now, standing outside Steve's house, waiting for him so they could go on a date, she felt so happy, and she didn't want anything to change it. Maybe she could get her parents to move the family out here. They worked at home anyways.

"Peggy, hey." Steve looked tired but he had a smile on his face as he joined her outside.

"Ready to go?" She replied.

"Yeah, let's go." They started walking to the theater and Peggy held his hand the whole way.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

"JARVIS, is Pepper here yet?" Tony asked his computer AI as a test for hooking his systems up to the security cameras outside their house.

"Ms. Potts has just arrived and is near the front door."JARVIS responded.

"Thanks." He rushed upstairs and opened the door just before Pepper knocked.

"Tony! How'd you know I was here?" She asked.

"I hooked up JARVIS to the security cameras my dad has installed all around here." Tony pointed out a few of them.

"Security cameras? Are they in the house too?" Pepper asked, somewhat nervous that they might have records of her and Peggy's conversation.

"Yeah, everywhere in the house. My parents had them turned off a few years back, but I turned them on a few days ago." Tony explained. "Ready to go?"

"Yes." Pepper said and flashed a smile.

"Okay then." He went back inside.

"Mom, Pepper and I are going on a date. I'll be back eventually." He said as he ducked into the study where his mother was reading.

Maria looked up and removed her reading glasses. "Okay Tony. Be back before six, unless you decide to go out for dinner too." She added.

"Okay. And Mom? Thanks for accepting the whole crush on Steve thing." He added before ducking out.

Pepper had followed him in and heard that last bit, much to her regret. She saw him turning and acted like she just walked up.

"I'm leaving now." Tony said quickly and led her outside with a somewhat forced smile.

"Right." Pepper said, hoping she was the one he actually thought about whenever they kiss.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

"Two tickets for "Letters to Juliet" please." Peggy asked the clerk, happy that Steve said she could pick the movie.

"That your boyfriend?" The clerk (Who looked to be around eighteen.) asked as she handed Peggy the tickets and took her money.

"Yes he is." She smiled.

"Well, have fun." Peggy returned to Steve (Who had just bought them some popcorn and two sodas.) and handed him his ticket.

""Letters to Juliet"?" He groaned.

"You said I could pick. Now let's go get some good seats." Peggy hurried him out of the lobby.

-/-/-/-/

Pepper loved it when Tony let her choose the movie. Normally she'd choose an action movie or something else that she and Tony would both like, but today she was going to choose a nice chick flick. Hopefully it would be nice and romantic and Tony would feel kissing her.