Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Thanksgiving was currently the best day of the year for Steve. The best part was knowing that Howard was finally accepting of his and Tony's relationship. That made him feel so much more comfortable with it. (Wouldn't you be nervous if the billionaire mayor of your town decided he didn't like your love life?)

And then he and Tony kissed. A lot. With no interruptions. Steve was mentally thanking his uncle for talking to the Starks for as long as he did.

He did forget that most if not all of the food at dinner had ended up dripping off people's faces and their clothes. So Steve proceeded to make himself a bologna sandwich for a late dinner, humming tunelessly and thinking of how thankful he was for his amazing boyfriend.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Monday, Stark High. To kick off the week, the lovely sophomore English teacher Maria Hill decided, along with the freshman art teacher, that they were going to the local art museum for a field trip.

Steve was happy with it, so was Phil. They were probably the only two. Tony and Bruce were pushing the science teacher to let them go to the museum of science instead. It didn't work.

"So, Darcy, I have the greatest appreciation for art out of my entire family. DiCaprio was a genius, and his art is amazing." Thor announced, annoyed with how she was staring at his brother, who was currently talking happily (An actual surprise.) to Natasha.

"Mmm hmm." Darcy nodded.

"DaVinci, really man." Clint whispered.

"DaVinci was cool too." Thor said.

Clint had to restrain himself from slapping his hand to his forehead.

"Yeah, Darcy, I thought you and Loki were going to be dating when he left the hospital." Clint said, catching her attention when he said Loki's name.

"Oh, I misunderstood him. He wanted to get to know each other better, like friends. Not date. But still, he's so dreamy." Darcy said in a tone of admiration.

Thor snorted. Several people stated at him.

"Dreamy is not the word I would ever use to describe Loki!" He declared in protest.

Several people hushed him.

"Yeah, well there's no apparent homoerotic subtext in your conversations, and he's your brother." Darcy replied.

Thor scoffed and began to repeat her in a mocking tone. ""There's no apparent"- Wait, WHAT?" By now, a security guard told him yelling was against the rules so he was forced to shut up.

Steve glanced at Thor, who was now stewing in his thoughts while watching Darcy flirt shamelessly with Loki, much to Natasha's annoyance.

Steve then looked down to his hand and realized that Tony was holding it. He grinned. Life couldn't get any better. Seriously.

Bruce walked up to them and cleared his throat.

"Hey, what's up?" Tony asked.

"Tony, can I talk to you for a sec?" Bruce asked, looking a little nervous.

"Sure. Be right back, Cap." Tony followed Bruce away and Steve found himself being bombarded by questions from Phil about his relationship with Tony, and his opinion on the horrible names the two were being called.

"In case you haven't heard, I'm the head photographer and a journalist for the school paper. Do you think you could possibly get me an interview with Tony? I'd love to get his opinion on everything that's been happening." Phil asked hopefully.