Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Thanksgiving Event, Part One: The Odinson/Barton/Romanoff Thanksgiving.

"Does he?"

Thor waved his hands in dismissal after Natasha's question, but Clint started talking.

"Well, we don't know, but apparently Loki told Darcy that he wants to date her when he's out of the hospital." Clint said with a shrug.

Thor didn't like the way Natasha's face looked. It looked almost as bad as when Loki was hit by the car.

"Clint, shut up." Thor hissed.

"I don't... I don't believe this." Natasha looked at Clint with an expression that changed from disbelief to anger.

"Y- You- You're jealous of Loki so you decided to make up that crap so I'd come running to you! News flash, I'm not buying it. Really Clint, we've been best friends since practically forever, and you're going to screw it up over some *stupid* crush?" Natasha looked furious.

"Nat, I- Nat, I didn't make it up!" Clint protested as she stormed past him into the festive dining room. "Thanks for the help, best friend." He scowled at Thor and left the room. Nobody noticed how hurt he truly looked.

Thor would've followed, but his mother left him in charge of the guests, so instead he sat there and made pointless conversation, wondering how things could've possibly gone so wrong with his friendships in the time span of forty-five seconds.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Natasha sat at the table, twirling a table knife in her right hand and tapping the table incessantly with her left.

Clint was her best friend. How could he do that to her? Didn't he know how much Loki meant to her? She wasn't buying his little story, not one bit. Besides, since when had Loki even had the opportunity to get to know Darcy?

-When she paid him visits every day while you sat at home, not giving him a single thought.-

Natasha cursed her little inner voice that lived inside her head 24/7. Usually it was ignored, but the guilt she had from not speaking to Loki for almost a month after they freaking kissed had subconsciously given it some attention.

Natasha was still delving into her thoughts when she heard a delightfully familiar voice.

Her face lit up and she rushed to the living room.

"Oh, hello Natasha." Loki greeted.

He looked great, for being hit by a car not even two months ago.

"You look so much better." She responded, unable to think of anything better to say.

"Yes, well, you haven't seen me for... three weeks?" Loki stated in a flat voice.

Natasha hoped her absence wouldn't have bothered him, but apparently it did.

"I'm really sorry about that, I didn't know what I would say. I don't regret anything, if that's what you thought. So no need to replace me." She replied.

"Replace...? Oh. That. Natasha, come with me." Loki pulled her by her wrist into another room, the Odinson's library.

"This is rather difficult to explain, but I'll try," Loki got a thoughtful look on his face. "Darcy actually has a very large crush on my brother, and she's convinced he feels the same, but is too stubborn to realize it. So I agreed to play along with her plan to make Thor jealous. I hope it works." He finished and looked her in the eye. "I don't have any interest in her whatsoever. I only love you."