Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"Thor!" Natasha hissed as soon as he asked.

"What? I spent the night at the guy's house!" Thor said looking partially scandalized.

"Well, uh..." Steve looked at the ground.

"Wait, you're not saying it's true?" Natasha looked surprised.

Steve looked positively mortified. He hopped on his bike and pedaled home.

"She didn't mean it was a bad thing!" Clint shouted after him. "Did you?"

"No! I was just surprised is all." Natasha defended.

"I slept at his house..." Thor had a strange look on his face.

"Shut up Thor, just 'cause he might be gay doesn't mean he's trying to get in everyone's pants." Natasha said, annoyed. Clint and Thor looked at her with expressions of surprise.

"What? No need to sugarcoat what you both were thinking. Boys." She rolled her eyes. "I'm going to go try and talk to him. You too become accepting while I'm gone, okay?" She walked down the steps and left.

"I have a gay uncle!" Clint said as she walked away.

"Do you?" Thor looked at his friend.

"Yeah, he died a few years ago and I never really met him, but my mom says he was cool." Clint replied.

"Oh..." Thor got a thinking-look on his face. One you never wanted to see from the Odinson family because their minds were very... interesting.

"You don't think he has a crush on me do you?" Thor looked at Clint.

"Not really. No one gets crushes on you." Clint rolled his eyes and left his spot.

"Jane liked me!" Thor said and started pouting like a child on his front steps.

"Jane moved." Clint walked away, probably to go see Natasha and Steve.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Natasha knocked hard on Steve's door. "Steve, open the da- Oh, uh, hi." She stopped her sentence quickly when Steve's uncle opened the door and looked at her with an odd expression on his face.

"Oh, you must be his girl friend. See the pause I put there, therefore not implying that you two are together in any way?" He said with a smile. Natasha tried to look around him.

"Is Steve available? I need to talk to him." She said quickly, ignoring his sentence.

"No, he ran in, grabbed his coat, and said he was going out. I thought he was with you guys." Steve's uncle looked rather worried for a split second, but then his smile returned. "It's a small town, I bet he's somewhere around here."

"Thanks." She turned and ran off before the man could say another word.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Steve wasn't going to cry. That would make him fit that stupid gay stereotype even more. Even if he probably just lost his only friends and his chance to ever make new ones. Why would he cry? A solitary tear snuck its way out of his eye and he wiped it away hastily, blaming it on the wind.

He continued walking and pulled his jacket tighter around him. 'Who found out and sent that stupid (insert language Steve would never say aloud) text to everyone?' was the main thought running through his brain. Who was it?

"Tony." He thought out loud but flung it aside like Natasha was when Thor broke her arm. That thought made him even more depressed. His friends. Ex-friends.