Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20

When they finally succeeded in getting a table in the busy diner, the time was 6:13 and everyone was starving. (Mainly Thor, Tony, and Clint, because he's always hungry.)

A young and flustered-looking waiter came to take their order. As Thor was ordering his favorite dish, deluxe nachos, Steve realized that he knew their waiter from somewhere.

"Hey, do you go to Stark High?" Steve asked.

"It's the only high school here." Tony pointed out but the guy looked at Steve, surprised.

"I didn't expect you to know me, and yeah, I do." He said, looking pleased. "Phil Coulson. I'm a freshman."

Steve started to introduce himself. "I'm-"

"Steve Rogers. Yeah, I know lots about you." Phil said proudly, with a look of admiration on his face.

"Uh, okay then." Steve looked back to his menu.

Tony looked at Phil, then at Steve, then at Phil.

"I'll have the bacon cheeseburger with fries." Tony ordered, glaring at the fourteen year old with one of those expressions that would best be described with the "If looks could kill, he/she would've died right there." line.

"Okay..." Phil wrote it down quickly.

"I'll have the same as Thor." Darcy announced. Clint and Natasha looked at her. "What?"

"Well, Thor's the only one who can ever actually eat those. He didn't order lunch today just so he could actually finish those." Clint snickered at the surprised look on Thor's face.

"I'm hungry, and I bet I can finish them too." She said.

Phil glanced at the three who hadn't ordered yet.

Natasha ordered a double cheeseburger and Clint ordered a triple burger with extra cheese.

Steve looked at his boyfriend. "What should I get?"

Tony looked thoughtful. "Don't ask me, Stevie."

"Stevie?" Steve muttered, scanning the menu.

"Yeah, I'm trying out nicknames to see which one I like best, Rogers."

"Last names? Really, Tony? I'll have the same as him." Steve finally decided.

Phil wrote it down and left them alone.

"I don't like him." Tony muttered.

"Who, Phil? Why not?" Steve asked.

"Uh, his first name is 'Waiter.'" Tony said sulkily.

"Why? 'Cause he looked like a twelve year old schoolgirl when he saw Steve?" Darcy wondered.

"He did?" Thor chuckled.

"Aw Tony, don't be jealous if your boyfriend's got a little admirer." Natasha said, teasingly.

"Really guys? He was being nice, come on." Steve scoffed.

"Yeah, right." Clint nodded slowly.

"I think you all need to quit being 'Becky's and 'Mary-Margaret's." Steve rolled his eyes, but Tony just sat there, dejectedly sipping his soda.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Thirty minutes later, Clint, Nat, Steve, and Tony were all watching Thor and Darcy waiting to see who would finish their gigantic plate of nachos first.

Thor had eaten two-thirds, Darcy had eaten half.

"You win. I can't eat anymore." She finally gave up and sunk into the booth with a sigh.