Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

Thor and Clint were both feeling left out. Steve had Tony, Natasha had Loki, (Sort of.) and they each had no one. It was really rather depressing, considering they were both quite attractive. They both had feelings for Natasha, which Thor was determined to get over, Clint wasn't going to do anything about them. So, they sat at their lunch table, all alone, because Steve decided to go talk to Tony.

"Clint, I want a girlfriend." Thor announced.

"What about your long-distance relationship with Jane?" Clint said, poking uninterestedly at the soggy salad in front of him.

"We're just friends now." Thor replied.

"And your crush on Natasha?" Clint had disdain in his voice but Thor ignored it.

"I think she's rather fond of my little brother." Thor said, making a face that you'd probably see on a six year old that had to eat canned spinach.

"Hmm," Clint looked thoughtful for a moment. "Go find some girl to flirt with." He shrugged and pulled out a packet of peanuts from his backpack.

"Great idea!" Thor said animatedly before leaving the table and his best friend.

"Oh well, I've always got you, my dear peanuts." He muttered and threw a few in his mouth, before deciding to practice his aim by throwing them at people's heads. (They were used to it by now, so nobody was surprised when they felt a little roundish object hitting them in the back of the head.)

Thor found no girls living up to his standards. They were all engaging in conversation about makeup and fashion with their friends. He frowned, and did what he usually did when he needed advice. He texted his ex-girlfriend.

"Jane, all the girls at school suck. :( :(" He typed.

"I'm sorry. Hey, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure. IDK what I can do for you, since you're in OR." He texted back.

"My cousin (She's 15.) just moved and is going to Stark High."

"And?"

"I was hoping you could help her through the 1st day."

"Yeah, sure, but the day's already started LOL."

"IK that. She's been homeschooled for all her life, plz help her out."

Thor thought for a moment; he'd love to help Jane, but her cousin was probably the exact opposite of Jane, AKA, one of the annoying girls who gossiped about makeup and crap. Oh well.

"Sure. I'll help you out. TTYL." He sent it before looking around the cafeteria to see if her cousin was alone. Lunch period was already halfway over, so maybe he'd get lucky and she'd already have friends or whatever, and he could return to goofing around with his best friend.

Thor glanced to the only loner he saw, a girl with long wavy brown hair and glasses with rectangular frames. She was eating a slice of meat pizza and lip-syncing to a song on her iPod.

Thor realized that Jane hadn't even told him her name, but he knew that she was the new girl simply because she was actually eating that pizza.

Everyone knew it was barely edible. Nobody knew why they still made it.

Thor just walked up and cleared his throat, put on his best charming smile, and introduced himself.

"Aren't you Jane's cousin? I'm Thor." Not the best introduction, but it would do.

She turned around and pulled out her earbuds, looking surprised by his arrival.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Darcy Lewis." She smiled, recovering from her shock and putting her earphones back in.