7

Warning: Short chapter ahead...

❝ Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven

❝ Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. ❞ 

~Tryon Edwards

***

As the days passed, Anika got used to talking frequently with Nirav. Though Anika used to be hell rude at times, Nirav used to be patient and always tried to calm her. The reason behind her bitterness was her unaccomplished dream. At the bottom of her heart, she knew very well that Nirav was innocent and that it wasn't his fault that she couldn't go for her dream, but she couldn't control her anger and used to get frustrated on him for literally like no reason. She wanted to be happy with Nirav, she wanted to forget everything and face the reality. Nirav on the other side was trying his best to win Anika's heart. Her behavior used to demotivate him sometimes, but he totally understood her state of mind since he had gone through something like it. Hence he never gave up on her.

As per the decided date and time, Anika was married to Nirav. It was a very beautiful yet simple ceremony performed according to all the rituals. Anika looked very pretty in red saree and with a smile plastered on her face, or rather I would say a fake smile. Her eyes clearly depicted her sadness. Nirav read her eyes, he even tried to talk to her in between the rituals, but she refused to respond.

Every girl has to leave her parents house, even her surname and move in with her husband after her marriage. So did Anika. It was time for her to leave her parents, her hometown that is Mumbai and shift to Bangalore permanently with her husband and in-laws. Tears automatically rolled down her cheeks.

Her mother was the one who hugged her first. Her mother said,

"Anika dear, till now you were with us, your dad tried his best to give you everything he could. You were under our protection. But from now onwards, you are Anika Nirav Rairikar, which means you are a part of their family and your in-laws should be your first priority. I believe that we have given you good values and I am very sure that you won't let us down. Nirav is a good guy. He will keep you happy, but you too have to take efforts and keep him and his family happy. We will miss you, my child."

Anika sobbed even more on hearing her mother. She then hugged her dad. He said,

"My dear child, always be happy. You have always been a great daughter and I am proud of it. I am sure you will prove yourself as a good wife too."

They were happy for their daughter but were sad too that they won't be seeing her daily now. Anish also came forward and hugged her. He reminded her again saying,

"Whatever might be the condition, don't forget that I'll be always there for you!"

Then it was Vidhi to hug her last. Anika cried even more once she saw her. Vidhi whispered in her ear teasingly,

"Don't trouble Nirav okay. He seems to be innocent!"

A small smile crept on Anika's face hearing on this and she replied,

"Oh! So now my best friend cares more about my husband than me! That's so not fair!"

"Hehe! Okay jokes apart, always remember that you can share anything with me. I am serious about this. Just give me a call whenever you need to talk or anything. I just want you to be happy.", Vidhi replied and turned towards Nirav saying, "And you, Mr. Nirav, always keep my best friend happy okay? Or else you will get into a great trouble."

"Oh, I am now scared of you! I'll surely keep this in my mind and always keep her happy!", Nirav replied laughing.

Suresh took Anika's hand, placed it in Nirav's hand and said, "God bless you both. Our daughter is your responsibility now. Take good care of her."

Saying a final goodbye, she started her journey towards Bangalore with Nirav and his family.