Chapter 7*

It's been a week since that steamy morning, she sat in the living room thinking. "Manuel.."

Manuel was sitting beside her as he watched the news, "yea?" He asked curiously, looking over at her. She looks at him smiling softly, "can we go somewhere today? I've been trapped in this house for two weeks.."

He turned the tv off and leans over, kissing her forehead. "Of course, why would you like to do?"

She shrugs, "anything..." Addy said softly, looking up at him. Her hair was in a messy bun.

He thinks and smiles, "I think I have something in mind.." Manuel gets up, "go put on comfortable clothes on.."

Addy nods and walks upstairs. A man walking down the steps looked at Manuel, "sir, y'all planing to go somewhere?"

Manuel nods, "yes, I plan to take her out to Vez's Stabbles.."

The man smiles, "she'll love it.. just be careful, they've been saying it's suppose to rain."

Manuel nods, "I saw.. that's not suppose to be till later tonight."

Addy comes back and smiles, "I'm ready, how do I look?" She had black leggings on, with a white tank top. Addy put on some of her black combat boots smiling.

Manuel and the man looked at her in a bit of awe, "damn.." he suddenly cleared his throat and shook dirty thoughts from her mind. "I mean, you look good.. cmon.."

They walked to his Chevelle and opened her door, "madam.." he bows softly, winking.

Addy giggles and kisses his cheek before getting in. Sitting in the seat she looked up at him smiling softly.

Closing her door, he walked around and got in, starting the engine. Putting the car into gear, he drove off, the windows down blowing her hair around.

"Where are we going?" Addy asked curiously as she put on some sun glasses.

Manuel looks at her, "it's a surprise, just trust me.." a smile appears on his face.

Soon afterwards, they pulled into a drive way. Parking in a drive way he turned the car off and climbed out, "Vez! You here old man?"

Suddenly a older man walks out, he was in cowboy boots, blue jeans, a button up shirt and a cowboy hair. His long hair pulled back in a braid.

"About time you come out and see me you bastard.." he walks over and hugs him. "What you doing here?"

Manuel chuckles, "I was going to see if you could borrow two horses.."

Vez smiles, "of course you can, but on one condition.. I want to know who this lovely lady is first..."

Manuel smiles, "this is Addy, we are... acquaintances.."

Vez looks at him, "yea right, I can just feel the chemistry between y'all two... let me guess, she's the daughter of the man that was found dead in his house.."

Manuel rubs the back of his neck, "yea, about that... She had to do what she had to do..all I did was give her the gun"

Vez nods, "I know boy.. just try to clean up your mess after your done.."

Manuel looks at her, "Addy, this is Vez.. he's my uncle.."

Addy smiles softly, "it's a pleasure to meet you sir."

Vez looks at Manuel, "I like her.. you better hang onto her or I might just have to snatch her up." He chuckles.

Manuel rolls his eyes, "whatever old man.."

Vez laughs, "remember, you'll be old soon too."

Manuel walks to the stables and saddles up a black horse and then a white one. "The white one is named Pearl, and the black ones name is Charcoal. Charcoals a bit jumpy, so I'll take him.." he climbed onto the horse and waited for her to climb onto Pearl.

Climbing on top the white horse, she smiles, taking he reigns in her hands. "Ok, now what?"

Manuel kicks on the horses sides softly, making him walk, "just kick the horses sides gently.."

Addy does as she's told and smiles, Pearl started to walk out of the stables. Following Manuel on a trail, she smiles more and speeds up a bit.

"There you go.." Manuel smiles and rides down the trail, looking around. Deer pokes their heads up out of the tall grass and ran off.

After an hour or two, they arrive at a river, stopping. Manuel got off his horse and then helped her down.

Pearl and Charcoal walk to the river, drinking some. Manuel walks to a huge tree not too far away.

Laying a blanket down, he laid back. Addy walks over and lays by him smiling.

Looking at him, she smiles softly. "Thank you Manuel," she blushed softly.