Chapter 33

A/N: I'm here! Sorry for the delay, this is a whirlwind time for me, but I wanted to post an update! Thank you for your patience and support for this story, it blows me away. I never imagined anyone would read a Jamie-only fic, and you've proven me wrong in the best way! Hope you enjoy this one :) xo

***

"Are you Daddy's big boy?" Jamie cooed at our son.

I stood in the kitchen, prepping lunch for my little family. Dulcie was playing with her Barbie's and dollhouse, in a world all her own.

"What a big smile." Jamie lit up as he watched EJ react to his voice. He was growing so fast, and it was mesmerizing to watch him discover. Nothing gave me greater happiness than to see the recognition is his eyes that we were his mommy and daddy.

"Daddy's best man," I said from my spot at the counter.

Jamie met my gaze and it made my heart flutter. The love he had for our kids and me would never cease to make me emotional.

"Am I Daddy's best girl?" Dulcie asked.

"Of course you are," he said.

She giggled. "Mama, will you play wif me?" She held up one of her dolls for me.

"I absolutely will after lunch, okay? What do you want to drink?" I rinsed off the head of lettuce before I began chopping it.

"Apple juice!"

"You got it. Daddy?"

Jamie smirked. "Water is fine, baby. Thanks."

I nodded, watching him make faces at EJ. He tickled him with his beard, which elicited an adorable fit of giggles.

"Fuck!" I yelled, dropping the knife. I looked down at my hand and almost passed out as blood came flowing instantly.

"Mama said a bad word," Dulcie said.

"Baby, what happened?" Jamie asked.

I met his gaze and shook my head. His face drained of color, as he must've seen mine also did the same. He quickly set EJ in his bouncer and dashed to my side.

"I cut my hand," I said as the tears welled. God it hurt so badly.

"Jesus Christ." He looked at it and his eyes widened.

"I can't breathe." I fanned myself with my other hand.

"It's okay," he said. "Mum was a nurse. Put your hand under cold water and I'll get a towel."

He flipped the sink on for me. I reluctantly pushed it beneath the water and cringed.

"Oh my God." I bit my lip, the tears flowing from my eyes as I doubled over, unable to look at the cut.

Jamie rubbed my back. "Deep breath. I'm going to leave for just a second."

"Hurry," I begged. The pain was now shooting up my arm and I could feel it in my head.

"Mama, you okay?" Dulcie asked.

"I'm fine, sweetheart. Don't worry." She knew I was lying, but I couldn't have her a mess too.

"Daddy needs you to put your shoes on, Dulcie," Jamie told her as he fumbled with a towel.

"Where are we going?"

"For a quick ride," he said.

"Yay can we get ice cream?"

"We'll see, sweetheart. Please do what Daddy asked."