Chapter 29

A/N: Hope my American friends had a nice Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of the love you've showered on these characters I love so dearly :) If you read my other story, you'll notice a beach theme this round. Forgive me, I'm in need of some ocean therapy lol. Here's Jelsey's much anticipated "reunion" if you feel me...ENJOY! Xo

***

I plopped down on the couch after we finished dinner. Jamie put EJ in his bouncer on the floor in front of us since he'd fallen asleep while we ate. He sat beside me, propping his feet up on the coffee table as he checked his phone, and his sudden grin became hard to hide.

"What are you so giddy about?" I chuckled, switching the TV on. He'd been on his laptop most of the afternoon, which made me wonder if he'd bagged a new role, but he hadn't said anything. Maybe he was waiting for a text or email confirmation.

"I have an early Valentine gift for you."

"Gift? I don't have anything ready."

He shook his head. "You don't have to. I wanted to do something extra special this year. You deserve it."

"We deserve it," I interrupted.

He smirked. "Fair enough. How does a beach vacation sound?"

I took a sip of my leftover wine, nodding despite my lack of excitement. I felt guilty his surprise didn't have me jumping for joy. "Sounds nice."

His face fell and my heart followed. "You're not happy."

I sighed. "I am, I promise. I'm sorry it doesn't seem like it, but—"

"Don't overthink anything. Your parents were more than willing to take EJ. In fact, your mum encouraged a vacation. I think it would be a nice segue to traveling overseas. This trip we'll be alone, next one he can go."

"I know we deserve this, but Jamie I can't even think about traveling with him, let alone without him."

"Why, baby? He's not breastfeeding and the formula mix is working fine. He will be okay. I promise. Your parents and sister won't let anything happen to him."

"I know all that, trust me. I'm just not ready to give him up for an extended time."

He took a deep breath and nodded. "I understand. But I really think we need this."

"We can spend it here and it'll be just as romantic."

He downed the rest of his wine while I waited for his response. "No. I'm selfish, all right? I want to go away with you and get back to us. The way we were when we were dating. Be spontaneous. Make love all day and night until we can't move. I want you, Kelsey. And I want you alone. Please give me one long weekend, that's all I'm asking. You and me, the beach, and anything else you want I'll make it happen."

I sniffled, I couldn't stop my wild hormones, and his admission was so sweet. I agreed with him completely, but the motherly instincts in me were trying to outweigh the wife instincts. Jamie needed me and my God I needed him. I'd have to tuck my anxiety away. I promised myself I'd make them both happy, and it was clear this would make my husband very happy.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Baby, please don't cry. I hate that I make you emotional."

I giggled, wiping my eyes to look at him. "In many ways, and they're all good. I'm not sad. But I—I want to be your wife, and I also want to be his mommy. You're perfect and just trying to care for us; I get that. So I'll go. Because I honestly do want to go. It's going to be a challenge, you have to meet me on that, but we need this more than anything. To sleep in. To actually get sleep. To not argue at every turn. To finally be intimate. I miss the two of us."