Chapter 1

A/N: Welcome back or welcome in general to old and new readers alike. This story will pick up right where "Endlessly" left off! Thank you for joining me for the continuation of Jelsey's or Kemie's journey (we need a ship name!), I sincerely hope you'll love the sequel I have planned :) Enjoy the opening! Xo

***

It was hard to believe how far I'd come with the man of my dreams in merely two years. The highs and lows, the ugly and the beautiful; we'd been on a crazy journey from day one and we never slowed down. Engagement, marriage, honeymoon, baby. The days were already passing quickly, and I'd only been pregnant for six weeks. My greatest worry was being too concerned with the end result that I didn't enjoy the sensations as they occurred. Being a first time mom also scared me half to death, but I didn't tell Jamie. He had pep in his step ever since I revealed the news, so instead of being a Debbie Downer, I joined in his happiness and chose to ignore any other emotions that arose.

Even though there were no visible signs I was with child, I'd been losing my meals every morning and sometimes half the night. Why call it morning sickness if it wasn't on a set timer? The physical changes happening inside only solidified my life was forever changing. Jamie had been the perfect doting husband, caring for me at all hours, but we were now a long way from home and busy entertaining a toddler.

I stood in the kitchen making dinner for Jamie, Dulcie, and myself. We'd spent the week with her in London and would be flying to Belfast in the morning for a week with the grandparents. Jamie had attended his first premiere since our marriage last night, and he'd done so alone. I had been feeling nauseous all day, and while I hated using my pregnancy as an excuse, he didn't push the subject. Plus I got to spend an evening solo with Dulcie, which was a rarity, and we'd bonded over coloring books and fairytales. All in all, it wasn't a loss for any of us and Jamie had come home right after the red carpet; my family man.

The aroma wafting from the oven actually made me hungry versus sick, and it was a welcomed foreign sensation. I turned down the steaming water as it finally rose to boiling bubbles. Dulcie had her heart set on hot dogs and mac and cheese, because Jamie had denied her of both every other night she'd asked. I had stepped in and promised her I'd make my grandma's famous macaroni bake with a side of hot dogs. It was worth not hearing her whine at the dinner table over what we had instead.

She giggled loudly as Jamie made a funny voice, holding her princess doll in his hand and playing castle with her. I smiled, watching their interaction with butterflies. He was an amazingly dedicated father and she loved him unconditionally. She adored me too, and I knew I was blessed to be so easily accepted. Her heart was made of gold and that was the one thing I was certain she'd inherited from the Dornan side.

"You can come in, but no princes allowed," Jamie said in a high-pitched accent.

"He's my prince, he goes where I go!" she argued back with the doll in her tiny hand.

I had to laugh at her already talking about having a prince, and defending him against naysayers. Jamie knew he was doomed; I didn't have to remind him.

He looked over at me, cocking his head. "Something funny?"

"Nothing at all. Enjoying the show." I dropped the hot dogs into the water, breaking his gaze.

"Need help?" he asked, and when I looked up again I saw the message in his eyes that he wanted to be rescued from doll time.

"You could set the table." I shrugged.

He redirected his attention to Dulcie. "I'm gonna help Mama, okay? The prince can come in while I'm away."

She'd recently started calling me Mama and I knew it was because she called Amelia Mummy. If Mama helped her distinguish the difference between the two of us then I was fine with her choice. I wanted her transition into my life to be as simple as possible. Jamie hadn't brought up the subject either, so I assumed he wasn't going to intervene his opinion.