Chapter 18

A/N: I love writing these family chapters, because I know you all love reading them! So Dulcie is back, and here's one of Kelsey's showers. Hope you enjoy, thank you for your unwavering support! Xo

***

Jamie and I made it to London without any major hiccups. Except I was quickly learning our son did not enjoy flying—this was the second trip he'd been antsy. Jamie glared at the passengers who passed me looks when I paced the aisle. London had been much longer and higher of a flight than New York, and baby boy wasn't a fan. I'd tried to relax while Jamie did everything he could to make the seven hour trek less stressful.

Unfortunately, I hadn't slept a wink last night, and today was the baby shower Jess and Liesa would host. It wouldn't be too much as it was only Jamie's family and friends, but I was feeling less than bright-eyed.

I closed the dishwasher and turned it on as Dulcie played with her toys on the living room floor. Jamie had on Sky Sports, per usual. He would be running off with Jim to play golf while we had the party. It'd be nice father-son time, even if I wished he were staying to help field questions.

"Dulcie," I caught her attention, "can you help Mama and please clean up your mess before company arrives?"

Jamie agreed to let the ladies host at our house since it was more centrally located, and easier for his out of town friends to access.

"And you need to change into your new dress," Jamie added. "It's not a PJ party."

She giggled, but ignored us both. Wiggle worm stretched in my tummy and I gripped the back of the couch, feeling him reposition.

"You okay?" Jamie asked, grabbing my waist.

"I'm fine. We have a tumbler."

He helped me sit down beside him.

"Princess, let's get going," I said. "We have people coming over any minute."

"I'm playing castle," she argued.

"I can see that, but it's time to play dress up. How about that?"

"No."

I sighed, leaning into the cushion and holding my stomach. I could feel a small sweat about to break out, so I took some deep breaths. I didn't want to lose my cool with her or anyone, but I was already exhausted and we hadn't done anything.

Jamie intervened. "Mama doesn't feel good and Daddy's not in the mood for attitude. Please clean up your toys and get ready like we asked."

"I don't want to!" she yelled.

He held up a finger, warning her to watch her tone. "I'm sorry about it, but it's not an option. We can play later."

"I'll wear this."

"No you won't. Go put on your pretty dress."

"No!"

"Excuse me? You don't tell me no, and you don't tell Mama no. That's two times, it won't happen a third."

"I don't want to!"

"Dulcie, get dressed now!" He raised his voice.

I rubbed my temples as their attitudes unfolded. Lovely, I had two grumpy pants on my hands out of the womb, and one kicker on the inside.

"Daddy's mean."

I interrupted before Jamie blew. "Daddy is not mean. We've both asked you to get dressed way too many times yet you haven't budged. That's enough. We are done arguing. Go change, and not another word."