Chapter 4

A/N: Thank you for the wonderful start to this sequel with your reads, votes, and feedback! It keeps my motivation flowing :) I hope each of you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Should I say "enjoy the calm before the storm" or is that mean of me? TOO LATE...! Here's one more sexy (NC17), lovey chapter. Sending blessings for a wonderful new year! See you in 2017, xo

***

I'd halfway conquered my morning sickness or rather it had stopped conquering me since we'd been home from the U.K. I still had my days, but it was slowly improving and I began to feel like a new woman. Pregnant, hormonal, and constantly hungry, but new nonetheless.

"Guess what!" Jamie said, walking through the garage door. He'd gone to pick up paint at Home Depot so we could work on more house renovations before I was as big as a blimp and couldn't help.

"The paint was on sale?"

He chuckled. "No, even better."

"You hired someone to do the work for us?"

He met me on the couch, plopping down, and resting his feet on the coffee table.

"Nothing to do with the house, but nice guesses."

"Okay, then what?" I rested my hand on top of his and he linked our fingers before lifting it and kissing my ring.

"That movie we were supposed to shoot in October?"

I eyed him, nodding for him to go on.

"Another production changed locations, so we can have the studio even earlier!"

"Oh cool," I said with a smile. I didn't know what that meant, but if my husband was happy because of it then it must be a good thing.

"Yep, now we get to go to LA in two weeks!"

"LA, huh?" I watched our adjoined hands as he rubbed a pattern across my knuckles with his thumb. "In two weeks? Wow."

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Nothing, just didn't have a trip to Cali on the agenda."

"It's better this way, baby. Now I won't have to leave when you're so far along."

"I guess."

"Hey," he said, reaching to nudge my chin and meet his gaze. "Talk to me. I figured you'd be happy."

I sighed. "I am happy. For you. I'm glad you'll get another project out of the way before the baby, but we literally got home a week ago. I don't know if I want to leave again."

"It's two quick weeks. The role is minor and it's an indie film. They'll shoot it fast since the budget is low."

"Jamie, we have so much to do here. What about our plans? Someone has to get a head start on them."

He wrinkled his forehead. "I'm not giving up on our plans, I'm merely postponing them. I promise we'll get everything done in time. I'll work twice as hard when we get home."

I shook my head, taking my hand back and standing. "I don't want to go."

"Why?"

I walked into the kitchen to grab a water from the fridge, looking for an excuse while I was in there. "I want to stay home and breathe for a minute."

He rested his head back against the couch. I knew I'd shot a hole in his mood and it wasn't intentional, but I simply didn't want to pack up and fly to another city on a sudden change in plans. We'd barely lived in our lake house since he'd bought it a year and a half ago. There was a lot I wanted to get done, and all before the baby came. Plus I was itching to spend time with my family. My parents and sister were begging to buy things for the baby, and we had no set place to put them. I didn't want to be seven months along and finally getting around to preparing. It was my first child, I wanted to be ready instead of worried.