Chapter 7

I stretched my limbs above my head as I woke from a peaceful dream of Jamie putting our baby to sleep. In it, I had watched from the doorway as he sang a song to him or her. I walked up behind him curious to know its sex, but when he turned around it ended. Looking beside me, I was greeted with an empty bed even though he was finally home from LA. I couldn't contain my giddy smile as I felt aching in all the right places. God I had missed him, but he'd made up for lost time.

My parents had driven me to the airport to pick him up; they were still being overprotective, even though I'd been given the all clear. It took everything in me not to cause a scene as I ran from the car straight into his arms, and instantly latched onto his lips. The drive home was pure torture. I couldn't keep my hands to myself as I resisted making out with him in the backseat like hungry teenagers. His fingertips stroked my knee as we tried to hold a conversation with my parents. I was so lost in his gaze that I didn't realize when we arrived at the house. I knew they both felt awkward and probably regretted not letting me go on my own, but they smiled politely as we collected Jamie's things and bolted inside.

Once through the door we were all hands and mouths, clothes ripping and flying. We were both naked by the time we made it to our bedroom, and I don't think either of us lasted but a couple of minutes once we reconnected. It had been pure bliss. The entire night was spent in each other's arms, slowly and gently getting reacquainted. We hadn't been apart that long since we'd met, and it was the sweetest and sexiest reunion. The last time I checked the clock had been at 3 A.M. and I stopped keeping track of orgasms after number five. Absolute heaven on earth was being wrapped up in my husband. But sadly that wasn't how I'd woken up.

Rolling over I noticed it was past eleven in the morning. I never slept that late. He certainly had worked my body to exhaustion. The bathroom light was out, meaning he was long gone.

I forced my tired limbs to move from their spot as I stood, searching for something to toss on. His Manchester shirt was in the wash, so I'd have to settle for one of my old tank tops. I bit my lip as a seductive idea came to mind and I rummaged through his top drawer, pulling out a pair of plaid boxers. Slipping them on I rolled my hair into a bun, and practically skipped out of our room.

When I came down the stairs, I was greeted with Jamie watching ESPN on the couch. It was so damn good to have him home. His feet were crossed and propped up on the coffee table in front of him, one arm resting over the back.

I quietly walked across the floor, sneaking up behind him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He briefly jumped then relaxed with a smile as he turned his head. I kissed him sideways.

"Morning, baby," he said.

I stood upright to walk around the couch and join him.

"Morning, handsome."

He muted the TV as I sat down on his lap, resting my hands on his shoulders.

"Hungry?" he asked.

"Yes we are." I grinned.

His face lit up as he moved one of his hands from my hip to rest on my belly. I had finally developed a teeny tiny bump since he'd been gone. It may have been water weight, but it was there, making our baby visible and even more real to me.

"What do you both want?"

"For you to shave," I said, scratching at his long beard. He'd needed it for his role, but I was ready to see it go. It was thicker and messier than I was used to. "What is this?"

He laughed. "Going for the caveman look. It gets cold here in winter, gotta stay warm."

"Oh, I can keep you warm," I mumbled.