Chapter 12

A/N: Thank you for your votes, here are the results ;) Also, I decided to pack a lot of emotion into this one, so prepare yourselves. Enjoy! Xo

***

"Your baby is also perfectly positioned."

"So we can determine the gender?" I asked.

"We can. If you'll look right here," she pointed at the screen, "you can tell that your baby is a—"

***

"A boy," Jamie finished for her.

"Oh my God," I whispered, bringing my free hand to my mouth as the tears clouded my vision.

"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Dornan. You're having a bouncing baby boy."

I looked over at my husband who was staring wide-eyed at the screen, his mouth agape. I giggled as Dr. Parks stood.

"I'll give you two some privacy. Take as long as you need. We'll move you to a different room and start fluids when you're ready."

"Thanks," I mumbled.

She departed with a smile, patting Jamie's shoulder. I squeezed his hand that was gripping mine tightly in hopes it'd bring him back to me.

"It's a boy," he said, his voice barely audible.

"Jamie." I rubbed his knuckles with my thumb and his eyes shot to mine.

"You're giving me a son," he said, and my heart fluttered at his intense stare.

"Actually, you gave us a son." I winked, igniting a smirk from him.

"Baby, I can't believe..." He pulled me into his chest as I heard his immediate sobs. In turn I couldn't stop my own, holding him tight and running my fingers through his hair.

"A boy," I said again, as though repeating the word would solidify our reality. Our baby. Our son.

"I love you so much," he said.

I kissed the top of his head. "I love you more."

He sat up, gripping my face between both of his hands. His tears left a stream of wetness in their wake and I wanted to wipe them away, but he spoke. "Thank you."

I opened my mouth to answer and was silenced by his lips. Instead I savored the moment with him, meeting his passion. We embraced like that for the longest time before he let go, grinning.

He went on. "You've given me everything I've ever wanted, and everything I never knew I needed."

I whimpered as another tear fell onto my cheek. "Babe, I am so lucky to be yours."

He kissed my forehead. "Our lucky charm."

He plopped down in the chair. I knew he was emotionally spent after what happened on the boat, and then receiving the best news we'd heard. My head was also spinning, trying to keep up while being dehydrated and weak. I couldn't gather my thoughts enough to wrap around the reveal.

"I hate why we're here," I began, " but I'm ecstatic we found out. I was already antsy about the next two days."

"Me too, baby. And now we know we're having a son." He lowered his head, his shoulders shaking once again.

"Don't cry. Please."

He took a deep, shaky breath. "I wanted a boy so b-bad."

I moved, swinging my legs over the edge of the table to face him, disregarding my lack of strength. I lifted his chin to force eye contact. His tears flooded his cheeks, and those baby blues were reddened.