Chapter 39

Bishop's face lit up as Lanie saw what he had gotten her. We all tried getting a peek at what he had gotten her but the boxes and presents blocked my way. Lanie's eyes teared up with joy as she carefully looked at the tag to see who gave it to her and she started crying and leapt into Bishop's arms telling him something. She gasped and leaned back and looked at him and smiled a huge smile with tears of joy flowing down her cheeks.   

"Lanie, are you going to show us what you got?" Patricia asked. She was just as curious as the rest of us. Lanie nodded viciously and dropped from my brother's arms and grabbed his gift. We all gasped in surprise at what made the 8 year old so excited. 

It was a book. A scrapbook. It was brand new but there were old pictures poking out some sides. You could tell Bishop put it together as best he could in the short time he had. Lanie loved it. She looked up at us with the biggest smile in the world. "He knew just what I wanted. I loved all your gifts but this," she pointed at the book, "This is what I really wanted."

"What is it?" Jaydon was getting impatient and wanted to see.

She blinked back tears, "Pictures of our parents... All of our parents. Even Bishop's and Ariana's."

Everyone gasped and looked at Bishop and he just shrugged his shoulders, "What can I say when a little girl looks at you with those puppy dog eyes, can you really ever say no? No matter how difficult the task might be."

Serafina ran and hugged him. Then soon everyone was hugging him. We were just one big happy pack, no matter our differences, we were a pack and packs stick together. We went into the kitchen and looked though the book then I realised something.

"Um, I'm sorry but I don't know what happened to your guys' parents." I looked down.

"They were killed by rogues..." Serafina answered me, not looking at me. I wrapped my arms around her.   

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay...it's a happy day." She smiled at me and I smiled back. We helped Lanie get her presents up to her room.

She mumbled, "Thank you guys. Good night." Then she was out. Bishop barely caught her before she fell to the floor. He picked her up and laid her into her bed and covered her up.

I whispered to Peter as we walked back downstairs to help clean up, "I think I've been replaced."

"Nah, you could never been replaced." He turned me and kissed me right on the lips.

We quickly cleaned up the mess and headed back up to bed. It was almost 1 and we all knew tomorrow would be a long day.

I was lying in Peter's arm when he turned me towards him and asked me, "Beautiful, if I could, since I'm not just a werewolf anymore...um do you think we could ask if I could mark you?"

I kissed his cheek. I knew he'd ask this question sometime. "I wouldn't mind as long as it won't kill me or drive me insane or anything...you know?"

He looked horrified, "I'd never mark you if I knew it would harm you!"

"I know." I kissed him then settled back into his arms and soon fell asleep.