Chapter Sixty Four

When Bishop came out of nowhere and started dancing with me, it startled me. He pulled me closer to him and we danced. I started the song one more time, laughing inside. It was just like the movie, only I was no princess.

I had wanted to leave, but Bishop stopped me. And I knew that we needed to talk, but I just didn't want to. I was afraid for anything to change. I know that words were already out there, I knew that we'd already kissed three times and that he'd told me he liked me and wanted to be my boyfriend.

But then there had been an enemy who decided to show up and save me. Here, there was none. Just me and Bishop in this gorgeous meadow after he had danced with me to the song from Sleeping Beauty. And he had said please.

"Okay," I reluctantly agreed. "Okay, we can talk." He flashed me a quick smile and then we sat down in the grass. I immediately started tying clover flowers into jewelry, giving my fingers something to do. It would also give me an excuse to look down if I ever became afraid to meet Bishop's eyes during our conversation.

"So, if I remember right," he started, "I had just told you that I liked you and I wanted to be your boyfriend before Cade came and attacked our house." I nodded. "And since he did that we didn't have a chance for you to give me your answer."

"Yes, but because he did that I got injured and according to Ariana you saved my leg." It was his turn to nod. "But I also woke up with you in my bed and no memory of what had happened after the fight. That was a bit...terrifying, Bishop."

"I'm sorry," he apologized. "But I wanted to make sure that you were okay. And besides, I asked you and you told me I could."

I shook my head at him. "I probably had no clue what I was saying. But whatever, the past is the past, right?" He smiled and nodded. I gave him a faint smile in return, and then found myself telling him, "I'm afraid for anything to change, Bishop."

"Between you and Jaydon?" I noticed an edge to his voice.

"Not just between me and Jay," I snapped. Then I took a deep breath and reined my temper in. "I've always been the one that said boys were stupid. I've always been the one who laughed at romances in movies or shows and predicted when the boy would turn into a jerk. I'm warning you right now, I know nothing about relationships. I'd probably make the worst girlfriend in the world."

"I disagree," he told me softly. "And would you like to make a bet of it? I'll be the judge."

I stared at him. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

He nodded. "So what do you say?"