Chapter 23

Peter and I stood in front of Steve waiting for him to get off the phone. He was calling the pack doctor, Nata. He hung up the phone, his face was full of worry, "She'll be here soon." Then he waved his son and me out of the room, telling us to go check up on our packmates.  

We walked up to Serafina's room slowly, lost in thought. We reached her room and ran right into a calm, but definitely freaking out inside, Patricia. "There's no change...they're just getting worse." She looked down, sadness in her soft eyes. 

"Dad called Nata," Peter said to his mom, trying to comfort her. She mumbled something back like 'Good I'm going back down.' Or at least that's what I heard. We walked into the room and it surprised me, I didn't smell dog. Instead I smelled a terrible foul odor, it wasn't a sicky smell; it was so much worse. I felt the need to not let my mate in there so I pushed a confused Peter into the hallway.  

"Didn't you smell that?" 

"Smell what? Was it a doggy smell?" 

"You didn't smell it?" I opened my eyes in fear. Bishop was coming down the hall. "Bishop, come here please!" 

"Yo what's up sis?" he asked me as he walked up and I didn't even answer his question. I just pulled him into the room, not letting Peter follow. As soon as Bishop entered the room I got a reaction I didn't like. "Oh god! What's that smell?!" I pulled him out of the room.  

"Please stay here and don't let any of the werewolves in here." I turned to Peter. "Please do the same wherever those two male werewolves are. And please hurry!" I commanded them and then took off at a dead run to try and be able to catch Patricia. I called her name, turned a corner and...ran straight into her again. I quickly rushed and told her about the strange scent and as I was finished we heard the doorbell ring though out the now silent house.  

We looked at each other then jogged to the door. We got there as the pack doctor was being let in by Steve. I rushed to her and told her what I had just told Patricia. "Show me where they are," she said with fear in her voice, then added as a second thought, "please." And we all ran up to Serafina's room.