Chapter 3

The car stopped in front of a freaking mansion! I mean this house was unbelievably huge!  

"This is your guys' new home," our driver said with a smile as she kicked us out with our stuff. It wasn't like either of us had much; we never stayed anywhere long so why have a lot? A few clothes each and some other essentials was all we needed. 

We stood in front of the house staring at it. Then we started for the giant gate in front of the massive home. The fence that surrounded it would be more than easy for us to climb, even though it was over twice our heights. 

We stood in front of the gate, unsure of how to approach. 

Then a woman, about 30 or 35 years old, came out of the house coming our way.  

Her scent hit me like a ton of bricks.  

"Oh my god," Bishop breathed. "I can't believe it. They left us with werewolves!" 

"Shhh!" I growled softly, knowing she would soon be in hearing range of us. I didn't care for werewolves but we were stuck here and I didn't want it to be more of a hell then it already was going to be. 

"Hello," the werewolf greeted us with a surprisingly friendly smile. She opened the gate, looked us up and down then held her hand out formally. I'm the alpha's mate, Patricia." 

I narrowed my eyes slightly, definitely not trusting this seemingly mild she-wolf. "Ariana and this is my twin," I waved my hand in my brother's direction, "Bishop." 

"I know, we know about everything from your parents' tragic deaths to your last foster home," she said as she started back towards the house, with us following. 

"Why?" Bishop asked. My stupid brother didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. 

"Easy. Would you let two born vampires into your home and near your family if you didn't know anything about them?" 

"Well no, I guess not..." He trailed off. "But why us?" 

"Because you guys are just about the same age as the rest of the kids and you guys need a place to go. We don't want a war with the vampires." 

"Oh so just adopt a couple of vampire misfits." I said quickly. 

"Well you guys need someone and we need you so we can help each other." She looked like she was about to cry. "Please just give us a chance, without judging. Please." 

This completely surprised us, this was the last thing I expected this proud alpha female to say. Without thinking, "Okay..." I told her. For some odd reason my instincts were telling me I could trust her. My instincts never led me wrong before so I guessed I could trust her. 

She wiped away her tears, still shook up. "Thank you." And she pushed us inside, where we were met with the strongest odor of dog you've ever smelled! 

My brother and I covered our noses in a failed attempt to get away from the smell that quickly surrounded us. 

"Sorry for the smell, we'll get some air fresher to help." Patricia told us as she led us into a large room. "This is the living room and this is my mate, Steve." She had her arm wrapped around her mate's arm with her head on his shoulder. 

"Come, I'll introduce you to the rest of the pack," Steve told us, his voice full of authority. 

They lead us into the next room that was full of anxious werewolves.