"Hello?" I said, with panic in my voice.

"Blue. I'm comin' to get you. Wait, what's wrong?" He said sad like. "Look, Neva mind. Deuce got shot, so I'm comin to get you. Pack up sum fo him. I'll be thea' in 15."

In case I wasn't panicking before, I definitely was now. He got SHOT? Well, is he alright? Where is he hurting? My mind flooded with so many questions. Do I really care? Am I really bothered by this?

I rushed into Deuce's room, grabbing a bag out of his walk-in closet. I threw it on the bed, going into his drawers. I found condoms, girls underwear, and more condoms. I shook my head and found comfortable clothes I'd thought he'd wear. I grabbed his NIKE slides, and got all his hygiene stuff.

"This smell soooo good." I said smelling his cologne. I thought he might've wanted that. I figured I could think about good stuff, until I seen him.

15 minutes later, I heard the horn outside. I rushed outside, getting in the passenger seat. I asked Zel about how he was, and he didn't say much. He ducked and dodged cars until we finally reach the hospital. I said a silent prayer to myself and prayed that he was alright.

DEUCE'S POV

Waking up to all the light in the room, I put my arm over my eyes. Well, so I thought, until I groaned in pain. I looked over and down, to see bandages on my left shoulder. My shoulder was killin' me, and this sunlight was hurtin' my eyes.

"Can you close them?" I asked, whoeva was over beside my bed. I heard them get up, yawning and closed the blinds.

"Yeah, how are you feelin'? You need something?"

I opened my eyes, to see Blue standing over me with a warm smile. I shook my head no and smiled a little.

"Boon and Zel are down at the cafeteria, getting you something. Want some water?" She asked, grabbing the cup of water. She put the cup up to my mouth and helped me drink some. "Preciate it."

She smiled and nodded, sitting back into her seat. "How long I been here?"

"Well, two days. You were on plenty of meds, so you were sleep most of the day yesterday. The bullet got you pretty deep, but they were able to get it out. I'm glad you're up though, because dealing with the twins aint easy." She laughed a little.

I smiled small and tried to move some. My ass was getting' numb. "I'll help you."

BLUE'S POV

After getting Deuce situated, I sat in the seat and looked at him doze off. The doctors came in and gave him some more pain meds, since he was hurting a lot. I thought about the things that took place last night. While Deuce was on all of those meds, he was talking about a lot of things. Obviously, he didn't remember because he didn't say anything today.

I let my thoughts drift off to last night:

"My nigga Beigeeeeeeeee. Hey shawty. You so sexy with them glasses on. With them sexy ass lips maaaaaaa." Deuce woke up talking out his sleep. "Thank you." I smiled. "No thank you ma."

After an hour had passed, he woke up again. "Beigeeeeee, some niggas shot me. Tryna' steal my drugs and money from meeee. They shot a niggaaa." He words slurred. "What do you mean Deuce?"

"They shot meeee. Ima get'em back tho." He started closing his eyes. "Beigeeee, let me tell you a storyyyyy ma."

"I was younggg, and pops dieeedddd. Left a nigga. Moms came round most days, she was on that crackkkk." He chuckled a little. "left a nigga to take care of himself."

"Beige, she'd beat me. I left tho, I had too. I met my boysssssssss. Zellyyy and Boonie. They my NIGGASSSSSS ma." He said laughing, dragging his words.

These meds had to be strong for him to be telling me all this. "Deuce we can talk tomorrow. Get your rest." I said, covering him up. "Beige noooooo. Lemmeeee finish."

"I met them down the street from the cribbbbbb. Zel ain like me at first, but we had lots in common. We lost our fam. Now they my brothers." He said smiling with his eyes close. "We wanted money, so we gotttt in the drugggg game maaaa. Now we young bosses in the hood. I love my niggassssss."

It caught me off guard when he asked, "Beige be my girlfriend." He smiled, while his eyes kept opening & closing. "What about Mia?"

"The boss's daughter? Noooo, I don't want herrrrrr. I want you." His words started to become low. I turned away, then turned back when I heard low snores. I pulled up his covers, and laid a small kiss on his forehead. I went back to my seat, thinking about all he told me. A drug dealer?"

Snapping out my thoughts, the door opened.

"About time, y'all came back. What took y'all so long?" I asked the twins.

"He was tryna hook up with the grandma downstairs." Boon pointed at Zel. "She was a cute grandma tho with a fat ass."

I shook my head, and just watched the boys go back and forth. I turned back and watch Deuce sleep. All he's been through, he needed to rest for a while. Why would she hurt you Deuce? Why?