Twenty-Four Mood: Excited

My birthday rolled around a lot faster then anyone could ever want. Luckily for me I had the day off of work and told myself I would spend the day for me. I'd stay inside and enjoy a good book or maybe go to the park.

I sat in my living room enjoying a cup of coffee when a knock on my apartment door pulled me out of any current thoughts. I hurried over to answer it to find Jack waiting on the other side of the door.

"Hey what's u-." Jack cuts me off.

"Turn around" I slowly turn around. Only to be blind folded.

"What's going on?" I demand.

"Shhhh. It's okay i'll lead you." He says as if that made everything better and okay. I nod my head anyway and let him lead me down the hall and to the stairs. He carefully leads me down the stairs.

I could feel the cold wind hit my back as we made it outside. He carefully helped me into a car before getting in himself and taking off down the road. I couldn't see anything but darkness.

Some time past before Jack stopped the car and lead her outside.

Third person pov....

Jack's palms were sweating as he lead Violet toward the building. He was afraid of what she would think. What if she didn't like it or would reject him? He had to put all of his fear aside though and lead her into the building he had spent the last month or two working on renewing.

Violet was unsure of what exactly was happening. She could only assume it was a surprise party but this defiantly wasn't a surprise considering she had already figured it out.

Jack pushed open the door and lead Violet inside before removing her blind fold. Violet blinked once or twice trying to adjust her eyes to the new lighting. She glanced around the building she new as her dad's diner. The place had a been repainted and a large light up moon was hung up on the wall behind the counter. On the moon were the words 'Moody's diner.

The whole place was clean and remodeled while still keeping the homeyness Violet loved. Violet's hands went over her mouth as she tried not to cry. "Happy birthday!" All her friends yelled from the other side of the counter causing Violet's attention to be turned to them. One the counter sat a cute rectangular cake. "W-who did all this..and paid for all of this?" Violet asks her friends trying to figure out who spent their money on little old her.

Immediately everyone hands flew pointing to Jack. She turned the curly haired boy she had come to love. "Well it wasn't just me they helped." Jack says nudging towards everyone else. Violet ran over to jack with tears in her eyes. She pulled him into a hug and whispered a 'thank you'.

He replied with a smile. "It's yours now." He says as soon as she let him out of the hug. He sets the building key in her hand lightly and offers another smile. She held onto the key tightly.

"I won't let you down." She promises.

"You better not because i'll be here every day for pancakes." He promises laughing slightly.

....

The day went on with plenty of partying and cake and by the end of the night Violet had her a boyfriend, Jack.

The End.