Eighteen mood: scared

I skateboard to the pancakes house. A million thoughts flowing through my head. What if the key doesn't work? Or the lights don't turn on? Or he doesn't show up? Well then you'll be alone idiot....

I sit outside the pancake house. I wasn't willing to even try the key until he shows up. Mostly because i'm scared all die if I see all of it alone but partly because i don't want him sneaking up on me if i do go in there. 

The curb was rough but good for siting on. I used to sit on it all the time and just watch the cars drive by. Memories I never wanted to relive flash through my head.

Past......

I sat outside the pancake house in the same spot I sat now. My father was closing then he would come and take us both home. I miss that....I miss it being the two of us against the world. He came outside and locked the door. 

"Come on Moody." He tells me with a kind smiles. I smile back at him. "Coming papa." I say standing up and following him. We got in the car and he started to drive. I stared out the window at the full moon. "Violet I love you so much I love your bigger then the moon." I looked at him confused.

"But the moons so small I could hold it in my hand." I tell him. He laughs.

"Sweetie it's only like that because we are so far away when your close to it its huge!" He tells me. 

NOW....

I wipe a few stray tears from my face and look around to see if anyone saw me. I notice movement in the ally next to the pancake house. I turned to face whatever it was.....

"I wondered when you notice me." My whole body softens. Oh good now some creepy child kidnapper. I laugh slightly. "Sorry." I say sheepishly. 

"So why'd you ask me to come?" He asks while coming out of the ally and into the light. "I-I didn't want to do this alone-a-and I want to show you something...." I tell him studdering a bit on the way. I didn't want to cry.

"Hey whatever it is it will be ok." He says pulling me into a hug. "Thanks barbie buddy." I say with a smile on my face. He sighs.

"At least it's not noodles, noodle head Jack, poodle, or anything about my hair." He mumbles. I laugh at him and nod in agreement. 

"There's always worse names." I say stating the obvious. I take his hand and lead him to the door. With every step I take I could hear the sound of my boots on the cold pavement. It was scary to know that it was such a quiet night. 

I make it too the door and let go of Jack's warm hand. I fumble a bit to get the key out of my pocket. After getting the key out I take in a deep breath and put it in the lock. Slowly I begin to turn the key. 

........