Chapter Twenty

En başından başla

"Victory!" Thor shouted happily as proceeded to dump the rest of her plate on his own.

"Yeah man, good luck eating all that." Clint said. Thor just shrugged and went back to his plate while Darcy drank her soda, very slowly.

"So, I noticed you had my family's old photo book when you got back from, I'm guessing, Brooklyn. Did you look at it?" Steve asked Tony the question he'd been asking himself since Tony had returned two hours ago.

"Yeah. Did you really wear that old military helmet everywhere you went when you were in preschool?" Tony asked.

"Oh no," Steve groaned, a blush appearing on his cheeks. "You saw that?"

"Yes, I did." Tony grinned cheekily.

"What'd I miss in this conversation?" Natasha asked, she was watching Clint try and hold up ice cubes from his empty glass using his straw.

"Well, apparently, Steve's dad was a captain in the army. He had this old helmet that Steve used to walk around in all the time when he was four. I only know this because his mother was an avid amateur photographer." Tony explained.

"Ah." Natasha went back to watching Clint.

"Captain Steve, there's a nickname for you. Wearing the captain's old helmet and all." Tony said thoughtfully.

"That's no nickname, it's too long." Darcy pointed out.

"Good point... How about 'Captain'?" Tony suggested.

"Tony, what's the whole point of this?" Steve said.

"All the couples have to have cute nicknames for each other." Tony declared.

"Okay. Good luck with that." Steve said, although he was amused by it.

"Cap! There we go. I like it. Cap." Tony stared at Steve, waiting for his opinion.

"Huh, I actually like that. It's catchy, or whatever." Steve said fondly.

"Okay, Cap." Tony put special emphasis on the nickname.

Phil came back with the bill and handed it to Thor, who decided all the dinner was on him.

"I'm proud of you, Darcy." Thor randomly announced as he paid in cash.

"Thanks. What'd I do?" She added.

"You attempted to eat the entire plate of nachos, and you accepted defeat graciously."

"Is this how everyone talks in England?" Darcy asked, but she had a proud look on her face.

"No, just me." Thor replied.

"We leaving now?" Clint asked, blowing at Natasha's hair through his straw, just to annoy her.

"Yeah, we should probably head out." Tony said, looking rather depressed with that idea.

"Don't worry, I'm sure if you just ignore your dad, it'll be fine." Steve whispered in a reassuring tone as they left the diner. Clint and Natasha left with Darcy and Thor in his car, but Tony and Steve decided to walk home together.

"I wish." Tony replied.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Steve's house was closer to the diner than Tony's, so Tony walked him home before heading to his house.

He got the spare key from around the back to unlock the house but was surprised when it was already unlocked.

"Oh Mom, you didn't." He groaned when he saw his parents waiting for him at the base of the stairs.