chapter one

"It's about time," Carter told Liam. Liam leaned back into his chair. "You've had the engagement ring since Eli turned two, haven't you?"

"We weren't ready before. I mean, I was, but Zayn was only nineteen. He said he was ready, but I didn't want to ask too early, and he'd regret it earlier."

"You two have been together for five and a half years, and are having another child together. You two have been ready since Elijah was born," Carter pointed out, bringing the beer bottle to his mouth. "I'm happy for you, Liam."

"Don't get too sentimental, Carter. I might have to cut you off," Liam leaned over, playfully reaching for the bottle in Carter's hand. Carter laughed before downing the rest of the beer, setting the empty beer bottle by his feet.

"What do you mean, Liam? I'm always sentimental," Carter joked. "Ya'know, all those high school memories, playing football with you, I was always the best player—"

Liam interrupted Carter by laughing. "You keep telling yourself that, who had all those football scholarships?"

"Who dated the football coach?" Carter shot back.

"Touché."

"Daddy!" Elijah ran up to Liam when he jumped out of the car. Elijah climbed up on his father's lap, and sat there. "Hi, uncle Carter," Elijah smiled, but leaned into his father.

"Hi, Elijah. I'm sorry I missed your birthday last week," Carter pouted, making Elijah laugh. "But I still got you a present. It's in the backyard, wanna see it?"

"Yes!" Elijah smiled, and continued to jump off his father, and running into the house. Carter followed him, leaving Liam alone while Zayn made his way up to the front porch.

"Hey, baby," Liam smiled, as Zayn pressed his lips against his. "How was your day?"

"Before I answer, what did Carter get Elijah that's in the backyard?" Zayn asked, he sat on Liam's lap.

"Daisy had puppies, and they are so cute. And we did tell Elijah we would get him a puppy soon." Both Liam and Zayn turned when they heard Elijah's scream of delight. "Now, you seem tense, babe, what's up?"

"My mom started dating again. After my father has been gone for fifteen years, she's finally making herself happy."

"You're worried that it might end up like your father again?" Liam questioned.

"I'm not worried about that, it's just– maybe. I was seven when he left, and I remember how hurt and betrayed my mom was for the first couple years after he left, even when she put a strong cover for Waliyha and me."

"Za–"

"If you ever plan to break up and leave us, please tell me and don't do it in the middle of the night, and leave a letter saying that you found someone else. Because I don't think I could do what my mother did for me and Waliyha for Elijah."

"Zayn—"

"Daddy! Papa!" Elijah ran through the front door, holding a small puppy in his arms. "Look! Uncle Carter got me a puppy!" Elijah lifted the dog to his parents, and Zayn grabbed the puppy.

"What's his name, E?" Liam asked.

"Hm," Elijah tapped his finger on his chin, and put his thinking face on. "Bear! Because he looks like my teddy bear," Elijah concluded, a few seconds later.

"That's a fun name, E," Zayn commented, playing with the puppy in his lap. "Hi, bear!" Zayn whispered to the puppy.

"Papa! He's my puppy," Elijah pouted, Zayn smiled letting his son grab the dog from him.

"Elijah," Liam looked at Elijah in a stern father way. "Just because Carter got you a puppy for your birthday, doesn't mean that you can be stingy."

"Sorry, Papa," Elijah mumbled, looking at Zayn. "You can play with bear if you want! I can go play with uncle Carter," Elijah told Zayn.

"It's alright, Elijah," Zayn told his son. "Why don't you take bear to the backyard, and daddy will bring bear a blanket to lay on until we go to the pet store to buy some things for Bear." Elijah nodded, holding the dog and walking back into the house.

Liam leaned his head on Zayn's shoulder, with his arms wrapped around his torso, resting his hands on Zayn's baby bump. "I love you, Zayn."

"I love you, too, Li," Zayn replied.

>><<>><<

So here's the first chapter of the second book!
Lets see how this goes, but I haven't read or written any one direction fanfictions in awhile.

But heres the second book. :)