chapter fifteen

Liam stared in the empty apartment. Well, not entirely empty, it came furnished, but he would have to bring in some stuff.

"Mr Payne, are you ready to sign?" The realtor asked. Liam nodded, taking the pen she offered him. "On the dotted line, date," she turned the page. "Initials, signature, and date one last time." She flipped to the front page, and set the papers into the Manila folder. "Welcome to your flat, Mr Payne," she paused. "Oh, and congratulations on your graduation, and your son."

"Thank you, Lila." Liam smiled.

Once the realtor left, Liam stared at his apartment. He wanted to get an apartment before Elijah was born, so Elijah and Zayn could go home with him. But he also knew Zayn wouldn't want to leave his mother yet.

The apartment was decent sized, it had two bedrooms, an open space for the living room, a fully furnished kitchen, and a bathroom.

one week later

"Where are we going, Liam?" Zayn asked while they were in the elevator going to Liam's new apartment. Liam hadn't planned to move in until after graduation, he had moved in a bed into one of the bedrooms, and made the other one a nursery. "What are you–?" Liam twisted the doorknob, and let Zayn walk in first. "What are we doing here?"

"I got an apartment!" Liam exclaimed. "And follow me." Liam grabbed Zayn's hand and led him to a door. There was a blue plush letter E on it. Liam opened the door, and turned the light on.

Liam wasn't allowed to paint the walls, so it was a white color. Karen had saved Liam's crib through the years, and that was set up and pushed against the wall. A small wooden dresser was against the wall, behind the door filled with clothes that they bought or were given to the expecting fathers. There was also a rocking chair in the corner. There was a rug, that was green with animals on it, especially lions. In the other corner of the room, was a huge white teddy bear with Elijah's name on it's tummy.

"What do you think, Zee?" Liam asked. Liam was proud of himself, and the only time he had time to do this was during lunch at school, and he was glad he had lunch and then a free period, and fixing up his apartment was what he did for the last five days.

"It's amazing, Li–"

"I hear a but coming," Liam interrupted.

"But I thought I would stay with my mother for the first couple weeks–"

"I'm not saying we need to move in together now. You're still seventeen, and I know we still need our parents' help with Elijah when he comes. But one day we'll be able to go through one night with just the three of us, and whenever you're ready to move in, you can. This place will be waiting for you and Elijah–"

Zayn pressed his lips against Liam's, shutting him up. "I love you," Zayn said against Liam's lips.

"What?" Liam slightly pulled away from Zayn.

"I like you," Zayn paused, "a lot." Zayn's face was red, and he was trying not to smile.

"I love you, too." Liam smiled, closing the gap between them.

It was less than three weeks until Zayn's due date. And less than two weeks until Liam graduates and moves into his apartment.

>><<>><<

They said I love you.

There's like two chapters left.