chapter fourteen

one month later

It was a month until Liam graduates, and a month until Zayn gives birth. The time between now and then was going to be hectic for Liam. His schooling was never a problem, he was in the top three of his class, just shy of being the salutatorian. Liam and Zayn needed to buy things for the baby, a car seat to be the first thing they would buy.

"There are so many types!" Liam groaned, looking at the car seats in front of him.

"Liam, those car seats are for toddlers, not newborns," Liam's mother told him. Karen had joined the two teens, so they wouldn't buy the wrong thing, and to help pay for whatever they couldn't, because that's what a grandma does.

"Oh," Liam laughed at himself. Karen pointed to the other car seats, and Liam went to check them out.

"Mrs Payne?" Zayn spoke. He was standing near the cart, looking at everything that was in the cart. So many clothes, from newborn to three months.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say thank you," Zayn stated. "I know I rarely come over, or actually talk to you or Mr Payne, but I really appreciate what you're doing for Liam and me. Thank you."

"Don't thank me, Zayn. Liam's my son, and you're family now. I do anything for family," Karen told Zayn, giving her son's boyfriend a hug.

"Did I miss something?" Liam asked leaning against a box with a stroller and car seat.

"Li, that one's for a girl," Zayn pointed out.

"What?" Liam looked at the box. Zayn waddled towards the box, and pointed at the little box that had the pattern in it. Pink with purple butterflies, not the green one with lions on it. "Wouldn't you think the one of the big picture would be the one inside? I'll be right back." Zayn smiled, watching Liam switching the boxes for the right pattern. "I got it now."

"I like the one with the monkeys on it more," Zayn told Liam. Liam stared at Zayn. "I'm joking." Liam sighed in relief. Liam lifted the box, and put it in the cart.

"I think that's it for now," Liam said, and Zayn nodded not knowing if it was, but the cart was full now.

~

"Have you never put a car seat in before?" Zayn asked when he saw Liam struggling.

"You have?" Liam asked, looking at at Zayn. Zayn was sitting in the backseat, trying to help, but Liam always, nicely, pushed his hand away.

"You didn't take the baby class?" Zayn questioned. "My sister did, and I helped her figure it out," Zayn shrugged. "You're supposed to put seat belt through the bottom first, and then push the car seat on top of it to secure everything."

Zayn leaned over and pulled the seat belt, and pulled it through the bottom of the car seat, and pushed the buckle in.

"It was that easy?" Liam asked, Zayn shrugged. "You hungry?"

"Li, that's like asking me if I'm pregnant." Zayn told him, Liam gave out a small laugh before shutting the back door of his car.

>><<>><<

Thoughts?

This story is almost over, guys.