chapter three

"What are you thinking about?" A dark haired guy handed Liam a red solo cup. "It's a mix." He looked up, and saw Zayn Malik.

Liam sighed. Was he going to tell his boyfriend troubles to a stranger? Technically not a stranger, a junior, someone on the football team with him. He grabbed the red cup from his hands.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind," Zayn commented. "You don't need to tell me, but I'll listen if you need someone."

Liam took a drink of the drink, the alcohol burning his throat. "I saw my boyfriend, well ex boyfriend, with his ex. His first love, blah blah blah." Liam took another swig. "And he promised me not to see him again. Then I saw them together earlier today."

"Well, your boyfriend is an idiot."

"Ex," Liam corrected Zayn, and hiccuped. The cup Zayn brought him wasn't the first drink Liam had that night. When he saw Louis with his ex, he was hurt, and he went into his fathers liquor cabinet and grabbed the first thing he saw, which was a bottle of Jack Daniels, and drank it before walking to the party he promised Louis he wouldn't go to. But promises get broken.

"He's an idiot for letting you go," Zayn corrected what he said.

"Thanks." Liam said before he did something he'd regret. He leaned forward and kissed Zayn. Zayn hadn't pushed me away, but kept kissing, under a buzzed haze.

~

Liam couldn't concentrate on anything. That's why Louis had sat Liam out for the game, and let someone on the junior varsity play.

"Get your head straight, Payne!" Louis shouted when he sent Liam to the bench, and let a scrawny sophomore in his place. Zayn had quit the football team, or Liam told him to because of his condition.

Liam's head was spinning. Zayn had showed him sonographs of the baby. Their baby.

The game ended. They won by one goal, which Louis was pissed about. He was pissed that his captain wasn't playing in the game.

Liam watched Louis as he talked to the other teams coach. Liam stared at the other coach, and anger hit him. "Hey coach!" Liam yelled, walking towards Louis, and his ex.

"What do you need, Liam?" Louis asked, his jaw locked, faking a smile. "I'm in a conversation with–"

"Coach Horan," Liam said. "I know who he is." Louis stared at Liam. "My cousin is Jacob."

"Jacob Peters?" Coach Horan asked. "He's the best player I've coached. The team has kind of fallen without him, but I'm getting them into shape."

"I'm sure Coach Tomlinson has a few pointers. He's the best coach I've ever had," Liam smirked. "But you're probably a little more–" Louis coughed when Liam's hand went on Niall's chest. "Oh, I'm sorry. I've been told that I have a thing for older men."

"It was nice to see you, Niall." Louis held his hand out, and Niall took it. "I have to go, whenever the team wins, I buy them pizza." Niall and Louis said goodbye, and Louis walked away first, Liam behind him.

Once Liam and Louis were alone, behind the bleachers so no one could see them. Louis groaned, "What was that?"

"What was what?" Liam questioned. "That was you talking to your ex!"

"He's a friend!" Louis yelled. "We were talking about the game!"

Liam glared at Louis. "You promised me to never see him again!" Liam shouted, his eyes tearing up. "You promised me. Does that word mean nothing to you?"

"I haven't seen him since I promised that!"

"Bullshit! I saw you two together last month!"

"Liam," Louis started, reaching to grab Liam's arms. Liam pulled away from his touch. "Li."

Liam sighed, and turned towards Louis. "I saw you two together, getting a little too close." Louis's jaw dropped. "Save it, Louis." Liam licked his lips. "I need some air."

Liam turned back around, and left Louis by himself behind the bleachers. The lights that illuminated the field shut off as Liam walked off it. Louis watched Liam's every movement.

>><<>><<

:((((((

Ya'll I'm sorry, I'm kind of a lilo shipper, but ziam shipper all the way tbh. And I'm not good at writing fighting/yelling scenes, so yeah.

hope you guys like this story. Any feedback is nice :))