epilogue

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Elijah! Happy Birthday to you!"

Both Zayn's and Liam's family were surrounded the birthday boy, who was now five. Liam recorded the video of Elijah blowing out the candles, and everyone cheering. Zayn's mom offered to cut the cake, and Liam's mom took over Liam's job of taking picture.

Both Zayn and Liam snuck outside, sitting in the bench swing in front of their house. Within the last five years, Liam had finished his schooling online, and took a few classes at the local community college for engineering. Zayn enrolled in the community college after he graduated, and was on his way to become an English teacher.

Zayn leaned into Liam's arms, as Liam rocked the two of them back and forth. "Is it the right time to tell Elijah about his younger sister?" Zayn spoke up.

"Whenever you're ready to tell him, in front of all our family? Or just in front of him?" Liam questioned, his hand intwined with Zayn's. "Whatever you decide, I'll support it."

Zayn nodded, and his head laid on Liam's shoulder. They stayed like that for a couple minutes, Zayn felt himself dozing off, and Liam laughed gently when he saw Zayn asleep. Planning birthday's for Elijah was Zayn's favorite thing to do. Elijah's fifth birthday was his favorite superhero, Superman.

Zayn was up all night getting everything ready for today, even when Liam begged him to go to sleep. This pregnancy was making Zayn even more sleepy, and more cranky than when he was pregnant with Elijah during his junior year of high school.

Liam sat there with Zayn for another ten minutes before deciding to carry Zayn back into the house. Once they entered the house again, everyone was outside, in the backyard, eating cake. Liam sat Zayn down on their bed, and pulled the blanket over him. Liam left his sleeping boyfriend, and joined his five year old's birthday party again.

"Where's Zayn?" Zayn's mother, Trisha, asked when Liam walked outside by himself.

"He fell asleep," Liam told her, and she nodded. Zayn's mother, and Liam's parents knew of Zayn's second pregnancy, and they were the only ones to know.

"Daddy!" Elijah saw his father, and kicked the soccer ball to him. Liam stopped the ball, and kicked it back to Elijah softly. Liam walked closer to his son, and they just kicked the ball back and forth from each other. "Dad! Watch this!" Elijah threw the ball up, and when it came down, he jumped up and hit the ball with his head.

"Woah, that's amazing, E," Liam congratulated his son. "Who taught you that?"

"Papa," Elijah smiled.

~

Liam watched as everyone slowly left one by one. Elijah was sitting on the couch, watching Shrek. Liam had cleaned up the trash in the backyard before anything else.

"Hi, papa," Elijah waved over his other father, who smiled and joined Liam in the kitchen. Elijah turned his attention back to Shrek, seeing donkey flying.

"Li?" Zayn asked, Liam looked up from wiping the tables, "Yeah?"

"What is this?" Zayn questioned, holding up a small velvet box. Liam tried to change the subject as soon as he saw it, but Zayn just looked at him.

"You kind of ruined the surprise," Liam pouted, grabbing the black box from Zayn's hands. "I gave you a promise ring, exactly five years ago, after you gave birth to Elijah. And now I know we're ready to take the step forward together. I promised I would make this promise ring," Liam grabbed Zayn's hand that had the promise ring, "an engagement ring. Zayn Malik, how would you like to have the same last name as our son and future daughter?" Liam was knelt down in front of Zayn. Zayn began crying when Liam mentioned the promise ring.

"I'd love to," Zayn sobbed, before Liam slid the engagement ring on. "I love you so much," Zayn pulled Liam into a kiss.

>><<>><<

Yo, this story is over. :-)))))