Steve ran into Tony and stopped him before he could walk off.

"Tony, did I miss something? Everyone's acting a billion times more weird than they were on Saturday." Steve had the most adorable confused look on his face. Tony couldn't help but be put in a tad more happy mood by his boyfriend.

"Well, they heard about you and me, and Loki got hit by a taco truck. Well, actually, I think it was just a truck, but adding 'taco' makes everything more interesting." He shrugged and continued walking.

"Oh man. Tony, I'm sorry." Steve looked embarrassed.

"About what?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

"They found out about, uh, us." He said awkwardly. Tony loved it when he was embarrassed, he looked so adorable.

"Yeah, and?" Tony pretended not to care.

"We can break up if you want." Steve said quickly.

"Why would I want to break up? I like you Steve, screw my ex-adoring fans." Tony rolled his eyes and, not thinking very much, gave Steve a chaste kiss on his lips. In the middle of the hallway. He certainly was beginning to make that a habit.

"I better go before Bruce goes nuts on me being late for our science project." He grinned and walked off, unintentionally leaving Steve to the mercy of the lions that were highschoolers.

"Bye." Steve mumbled and started to walk to his locker, despite the stares he was getting from various students. He then- Yes, just then. - realized that he never told Clint and Thor about him and Tony. Oh dear.

He went to third period and attempted to forget his troubles, not succeeding very well.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Clint noticed the uncomfortable silence in the cafeteria the minute he walked in. It was like everyone was having a major hangover from the party.

He simply joined his best friend in the lunch line and they both groaned when they noticed the meal. Pizza. Vegetarian or meat. The pizza was gross, the cheese was rubbery and the crust tasted like cardboard. Actually, Clint had eaten cardboard before, and it was better than this crap.

He and Thor decided to go the gluten free route and have some salad. At least they could lather it in creamy Caesar dressing.

They found the table that they always sat at, and settled in uncomfortable silence, Natasha joining them. Until Steve came along and actually talked.

"Guys, I need too tell you something." Steve announced.

Normally eager-to-listen Natasha was silent as she poked her straw in her milk.

Clint and Thor exchanged worried glances before nodding to Steve to continue.

"I'm dating Tony Stark." He said, a little too loudly, and people around the cafeteria looked at him, surprised by his confirming the rumor.

"You're what?" Clint pretended to be surprised.

"How'd you guys already know?" Steve asked, confusion in his face.

"We saw you snogging at the movie theater." Thor mumbled, staring intently at Natasha, his concern apparent.

"That's totally creepy, but okay. Nat, are you okay?" Steve changed the subject.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine." She said quietly, lost in thought.

"Is it because of Loki's car accident?" Steve questioned. Thor and Clint acted like he grew two more heads.

"I was supposed to be hit by that car, he saved me." Nat continued, looking rather depressed.

"I don't know why you care." Clint muttered.

"I don't." Natasha defended herself, but she didn't sound very convinced. "He's in the hospital instead of me, because he saved me, and that's what I care about." She stalked out and Clint looked a little ashamed.

"Nice move." Thor mumbled.

Steve thought about going after her, but decided against it. Natasha probably needed to think.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Natasha, after leaving the lunch room, didn't know exactly where to go. Stupid guys

She loved all her friends, but sometimes they (Specifically: Clint.) could be so annoying.

She walked a few corridors before sliding to the floor. She didn't know why she was feeling so awful. She didn't feel like eating, she didn't feel like talking, she didn't feel like doing anything, and she didn't understand why. Loki was going to be okay, the car didn't hit him that hard. She hoped.

The answer lay right in front of her. She wasn't going to allow herself to believe it. She didn't care for Loki at all, and certainly not romantically.

At all was a bit harsh.

She mentally slapped herself. She was thinking like she promised herself she wouldn't.

Was this how Tony felt when he was crushing on Steve?

She was glad her thoughts were interrupted by someone. Namely, Bruce Banner.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, sitting next to her.

"I'm confused."

"I've heard that one before." He responded, thinking of Tony.

"Well, I think I like someone who's been pining after me. I thought it was just a weird obsession, but he jumped in front of a car for me. Literally. He's in the hospital now, and I... miss him. He was living in my basement for a while, and he was leaving the morning he was hit. I got mad at him. The last thing I said to him was 'good-bye', and I was angry. I should've let him explain. I want to go see him." She announced suddenly and got up, Bruce followed her.

"Thanks Bruce, call me when you need someone to listen." She hugged him quickly and left.

"Yeah, I'm so helpful." He shrugged and went back to his lunch.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Nat knew ditching school for a hospital visit probably wasn't right, but she didn't care.

She rushed to his room, (Thor had given her the number.) and, noticing no one was around, snuck inside.

Loki looked awful. Natasha didn't know the extent of the injuries.

"Excuse me, are you family? Only family of the patient are allowed in this room." A doctor said, walking into the room.

"Uh, yeah," Natasha lied. "What were the injuries?"

"Currently? He had two broken ribs, a broken wrist, a broken ankle, and internal bleeding. He'll be in here for quite a while." The doctor shook his head and Natasha felt sick. "Thanks, I gotta go." She rushed from the room and rather than return to school, she went home.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Pepper saw Tony sitting by himself in lunch. He'd gone over and talked to Steve, but he returned to his seat moments later.

"Tony, are you and Steve really together?" Pepper asked.

"Yes, yes we are." He responded in a calm voice.

"So you're gay?"

"More like bisexual." He said thoughtfully.

"Okay. I only have one thing to say," Pepper looked in his eyes. "Don't hurt him like you hurt me."