Oh look, the second time. This was the second time he'd run into Tony, this time they were both outside the library. But this time, Tony didn't say anything, he just got up and began to walk off, looking back with a smirk on his face. It was one of those 'I know something you don't know and that makes me 394 times better than you!' smirks. Steve knew what that meant. He sent that text. Tony Stark ruined his life with those stupid ten words.

"Hey, remember that new kid? Steve Rogers? He's gay." was all the text read. Those ten words were all he needed to hear in his head.

Tony was pleased internally, he didn't notice the hurt and positively depressing look in Steve's eyes. Mainly because he was trying to avoid them after his weird thought earlier. He'd corrected himself after, anyways. They were stupid cerulean blue eyes. Ha ha! He wasn't thinking straight earlier was all. But the next thing he knew, said owner of those blue eyes had flung a fist to his face.

Tony was flung backwards to the ground. He staggered towards Steve, cradling his now bleeding and pained nose

Steve looked hurt. Very, very hurt. He looked like he could cry. Tony all of the sudden got really uncomfortable. Why did he have a sinking feeling to why Steve was this way? It's not like it was true, it was just a stupid prank.

"You sent it, didn't you." Steve's voice was quiet and it cracked a little bit. He wouldn't

"Sent what?" Tony said between gritted teeth, resisting (For a reason he couldn't explain.) the strong urge to punch him back.

"That stupid text!" Steve said loudly, his voice broke and he began to stalk off.

"You mean the one about you being gay? It's not like it's true!" Tony scoffed but Steve stopped and almost looked back at him. Tony could've sworn he saw a tear fell to the sidewalk, but then he left.

Tony stood there for a moment. Why was he so hurt... Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no.

"Tony! What the heck? Are you okay?" It was Bruce. He had just exited the old library with a few books about the effects of gamma radiation.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just go to my house or something." Tony said quickly. 'I'm not the one that's not okay' was the only thing he could think about.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

"Seriously?" Before Steve could enter his house, he was bombarded at the end of the driveway by Clint and Natasha.

"What?" He avoided eye contact with either of them.

"We don't hate you, before you say anything else." Natasha said quickly.

"We understand and we know that it's uh..." Clint thought for a moment, and Natasha jabbed him in the ribs with her elbow. "It's not something you can help and we're okay with you being who you are." He finished.

"You... Totally scripted that." Steve said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

Clint grinned. "Yeah, my exact words were, 'it's cool man', but apparently that could mean anything." Natasha looked sheepish.

"Bur seriously, we don't mind. Why does it matter?" Natasha said supportively.

"Well, it's nice to know you guys accept. What about Thor?" Steve frowned slightly.

"Thor is right here, and he approves of your sexual orientation." Thor said boldly as he walked up to them.

Natasha chuckled. "Yeah, and you got after me for not sugarcoating."

"Wait, you seriously still want to be friends?" Steve looked surprised.

"Of course, we wouldn't lie." Thor answered.

"Okay. But please, can the fact that I'm gay remain between us? I don't want anyone else to know." Steve asked.

The three others exchanged glances, but they nodded all the same.

"Wait, who sent it? Do you know?" Clint asked.

"No, I don't care either. I still have friends, that's all that matters." He had a small smile on his face.

"Well, it's getting late, you probably need to eat and all that, so, see you tomorrow." Thor replied and he and the others left.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Steve and his uncle watched some old home videos whilst snacking on leftover pizza, that cheered him up a little bit and he went upstairs in a better mood than the afternoon.

He was upstairs cramming some last minute studying when he reflected on all the events of that day.

Everything was, uh, good? He knew people at school would be giving him looks.

Steve found his train of thought drifting to Tony. Tony...

He knew that Tony sent that text. He knew he could've told his friends and they would've let out who sent it, therefore making Tony hated for a few days, but he couldn't. He didn't know why. He had every reason to be angry, he had a reason to punch him, even if it wasn't right. But he regretted it. Oh, how he regretted that. He didn't know why. He couldn't figure out why. He didn't even have a good reason as to why.

Tony's head shot up from his hands. He had an idea as to why. But that was the last thing he wanted to think about. The absolute last thing.

Well, school would certainly be interesting tomorrow. It certainly would be.