Isn't she just a breathe of fresh air.

Nevertheless I got in my car and drove back to Diamond's house. On my journey to her house I made sure I drove as slowly as possible.

I stopped to look at some squirrels eating nuts on a tree and birds pooping down on pedestrians as they passed by.

Shit I even helped a chicken cross the road.

40 minutes later I finally reached Diamond's house. I saw her car and her mom's car in the driveway.

I took my key out of the ignition and walked up her house. I took out the house key and walked in.

I heard rumbling coming from the kitchen so I walked towards it. It was momma standing in front of a stove brewing something.

"Nice to see you here Sam. I've been expecting you"

She said with her back facing me. She turned around with a knife in her hands and a smile on her face.

I slowly backed away from her as she was stepping towards me. I guess this is how my life ends.

I don't even get to tell my parents and katherine I love them. I don't get to say bye to Noah and Ruby. I'm not even going to hear Diamond's side of the story.

She walked up to the table behind me and used the knife a muffin in half. She took some butter and smeared it on each side of the muffin.

I thought she was going to kill me for making Diamond sad. She might be nice but she doesn't play when it comes to Diamond.

"Sam she's really hurting right now. She's been crying her eyes out for hours now. What happened to her? All she kept on saying is Sam."

"She told me that she has a child"

Her eyes widened with every word I said. The knife fell out of her hand and hit the ground. Her eyes were the shape of saucers.

"So she finally told you. That's good. I've been trying to convince her to tell you for months now"

All I did was nod my head. I had no response to what she said. I'm still heart broken. It took her months to tell me the truth.

"Sam you have to understand it's not easy for her to just up and say that she has a child. When you go up to her room please be careful with her. She's very fragile right now"

She handed me a tray that had a cup of tea and two muffins. I nodded my head, took the tray and walked up the stairs.

I was three doors away from Diamond's yet I still heard her cries. It made me feel like a terrible person.

I slowly opened the door but only to be greeted with a flying pillow hitting my leg.

"Go away mom. I'm not in the mood for your pep talk"

"Princess" I whispered.

Her head automatically went in the direction of the door.

Her eyes were bloodshot red. Her once bouncy curls were now glued to her face by sweat and tears. Her room had a bunch of pillows and blankets scattered all over the floor.

A sad smile spread across her face as her chest rises up and down. All the crying she's been doing caused her to have the hiccups.

I walked up to her and placed the plate next to her. She picked up the tea and started drinking it rather quickly.

Is the tea not hot?

After she drunk her tea and ate one of her muffins she took a deep breathe. We sat on the bed in silence for about 20 minutes until she started talking.