Once Upon a Crime

This is basically going to be like Once Upon A Time mashed with Gotham, so I give all the credit to both of them. I hope you guys enjoy!

-Aria's P.O.V.-

     It was just another boring day in Gotham. Gotham was so bland and boring; nothing like it used to be.

     Nobody remembers old Gotham- It's like it was wiped from their memory- but I remember it. Well... what I've learned about it. I know I have a part in the history of it, too, but I have no idea what it is. It's funny, I remember how everyone else's life was, but I couldn't remember mine to save my life.

     Today was the day, the day that I started helping everyone remember. Some might think I'm the hero of this story, but would I really be the hero if I was trying to have all of the criminals remember their life of murder and thievery? The answer to your question is no, but maybe I am because everybody deserves to know who they truly are, bad or not.

It took me awhile, but I knew exactly who to start with: My brother.

     My brother and I lived a basic, normal life in the city. We lived with our mom, our dad left years ago, we went to school, had jobs, it was as normal as normal could get. I guess I was going to have to change that.

     I opened the door to the apartment up and walked in. I heard somebody in the kitchen, no doubt my mother. My mother was a nice lady, but I knew her true story. She wasn't always like this. She was a horrible mother.

     I heard the t.v. going in the living room and decided to go there. I walked in and saw my brother sitting there, watching some movie about aliens or something. I sat down next to him and ruffled his ginger hair.

     "Hey, Jerome!" I greeted. He turned to me and smiled. "Hello, sister." I smiled at him and decided to start putting my plan into action. "I heard that there's gonna be a new performer at Oswald's Café! Wanna go see it with me?"

     He seemed to ponder the question. "I don't know, Ari..." I grabbed his hand. "Please, J! I heard they're really good! I think it'd be a great brother and sister bonding experience! Just you and me!"

     I watched as he smirked at me. "Come on, Ari. We both know we're not blood," he teased. I rolled my eyes at him. Yeah, I was adopted by Lila, our mother, but I did actually look like them. I had red hair, a couple freckles, and green eyes, just different blood types. That's why Lila decided to adopt me, because I was the only one in the orphanage that looked like Jerome.

     "Shut it, J. You're going, like it or not. You haven't left the house in days! It's summertime! Enjoy it!" I exclaimed. He rolled his head back and groaned. "Fine! But only because you won't shut up." I began to bounce with glee. "Thank you, J! Thank you! Thank you!"

     He rushed me off. "Yeah, Whatever. Be ready in two hours." I nodded. I walked to my room, but stopped at the door. "Oh, and J?" He nodded at me. "Dress nice."

...

     I wore a short white dress with black flowers decorating it. I put my hair up in a bun and went with a natural makeup look.

 I put my hair up in a bun and went with a natural makeup look