Gone Forever- Chapter 3

-4 Months Later-

It's been nine months since you've left Gotham. It's been hard, but you were finally starting to get back on your feet. You still worked at the café and lived in the apartment, but you were finally starting to get over Jerome. It was a little, but you had to take it slowly. If you rushed it, it would all come back and crash onto you.

You walked into your apartment and threw your heels off. You moaned at being able to get those shoes of Satan off. "Thank god..." You looked up and noticed that your apartment was a little messy. You looked around in confusion. You remembered it being pretty clean when you left.

It wasn't bad, just things were moved around from how you remembered them. Suddenly, the feeling of being watched washed over you. You went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife. While you were grabbing it, you heard the floor creak behind you.

You gripped the knife and spun around, slashing at whatever was there. Your hit was blocked and someone was holding your arm. You went to turn around, but something hit you in the head, knocking you out.

...

     Your eyes fluttered open and you saw that you were on a bed. You looked around and noticed the familiar surroundings. The balcony, the huge room, the king sized bed. You were back at Theo's.

     You quickly sat up, ignoring the wave of dizziness that washed over you. Nobody was in the room except for you. You walked to the door and saw that it was unlocked. You walked out and heard clattering coming from the kitchen.

     You slowly walked down, trying not to make any noise. You heard cussing and whispers, but you couldn't make out who it was. You walked in and smelled that something was being made for a meal.

     Somebody was bent down behind the cupboard, but you couldn't see who. You took slow steps towards them. Suddenly, they jumped up, causing you to fall back. Once you collected yourself, you looked up from your spot on the ground and saw Jerome. You stared at him in shock as he smiled down at you. "Hello, beautiful."

     "J-Jerome," You stuttered. He walked to the table and began setting it. "You woke up just in time! Breakfast is almost ready!" He exclaimed. You looked around and saw that he had set up the table for you two, and you two only. "Jerome, why am I here?" You asked. He turned to you, still smiling. "This is where you live, silly! Remember? After Arkham-"

"Jerome. We both know that I don't live here anymore. Why am I actually here?" You asked. His smile dropped and motioned for you to sit down. "Take a seat. I'll get you some breakfast." You followed his orders, not wanting to anger him.

     You watched as he moved around the kitchen, plopping down multiple foods onto two plates. He set yours down in front of you, and took the seat across from you. You looked down at your plate and saw bacon, eggs, hash browns, and pancakes; your favorite. You unknowingly smiled down at your plate.

     "I remember at the circus, when we would make breakfast like this for special occasions," he said. You nodded. "That's why I made it today," he admitted. "Today is a special day." You watched as he ate a piece of his pancake. "What is today?" You asked, taking a bite of the eggs.

     He smiled. "The day that you returned to me!" He exclaimed, holding his arms out. You tilted your head as he began to eat again. "Jerome, I left for a reason. I'm guessing you found my note, which clearly stated that I did not want to come back."

He looked at you with a surprised face. "Yes, I did read your letter. There were some pretty tough things in there. Nothing a little time spent together can't fix. We just have to talk it out!" He exclaimed.

     You knitted your eyebrows together. "Jerome! Is that a joke? I literally confessed my love for you in that letter, and you think we can just go back to being best friends? We haven't been friends since the circus! Remember that whore you were fucking? Why don't you talk to her?"

He stared at you before he began laughing. "Janet? She's long gone! I killed her the day you left. She was useless if you weren't there," he confessed. You raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" You asked. He chuckled. "Don't you get it! I only had Janet here to make you jealous! I didn't want anything to do with that slut."

You leaned forward. "Why were you trying to make me jealous?" You asked. He huffed. "Catch up, doll! I like you back! I needed you to realize that you and I are meant to be more than just good fucks," he said, piling more food in his mouth. You stared at the table. "What in the actual fuck, Jerome!? Why didn't you just talk to me!?"

He swallowed his food. "Where's the fun in that?" He asked. You glared at him. "Where's the fun in making me think you hated me, you dick! I thought you didn't want anything to do with me!" You shouted. You stood up and kicked your chair back. "Where's the fun in making me want to die!"

     The whole room shifted. You felt the cold air raise goosebumps on your skin, even through your long sleeve shirt. Jerome was no longer smiling or acting goofy. He was serious. The food was long forgotten about as he dropped his silverware. "Y-You wanted to die?" He asked.

     You nodded. "I fucking loved you, Jerome, and you forgot about me. Do you know what that feels like?" You asked. He looked down and nodded. "Yes," he admitted. You knitted your eyebrows together. "When?" He looked up at you. "I thought you just liked my dick." You tried to stay serious, but the silly sentence and his serious tone made you burst out into laughter.

     He looked at you in confusion. "What?" He asked as you bent over laughing. "Jerome Valeska, even in the toughest of times, you find a way to make me laugh," you said. He smiled and stood up, walking over to you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you in. "I like your laugh," he said. You smiled and wrapped your arms around his shoulder. "And I like you."

————————————————————————

I finally answered!! I haven't posted on his book since the incident on Gotham. Anyway, I'm still going to be updating all of my Jerome books (You guys should really go check out my other books. Thx babes). Thank you guys for all of he love and support!!

-Alice