Worthless- Chaper 2

It's been 3 months since you've last seen Jerome. When you told him to never come back, you didn't think he would listen. Every time there's a knock on the door, or the sound of footsteps, you always hold your breath hoping that it was Jerome.

You hadn't heard a lot about him and Harley lately. They seem to be hiding under the radar at the moment.

     For the first month or so, you didn't leave the house unless it was necessary. You barely ate, showered when you felt like it, and slept a couple hours a week. You were a total wreck. But then one night you decided enough was enough. Why would you ruin your life over a guy that wasn't even yours in the first place!?

     So, you got yourself all dolled up and went to the club. You had to admit, you felt sexy that night. You wore a tight black dress with a pair of plain black high heels and curled your hair.

     While you were there, you met a guy named Tanner

     While you were there, you met a guy named Tanner. He was sweet, caring, and cute. He knew of your criminal history, but knew you had stopped and could care less, as long as you stopped.

     Tanner and you have been going out for about a month now, and you were happier than ever. Yeah, you missed Jerome and wanted your best friend back, but if he didn't care about you, why should you care about him?

     News traveled fast about you and Tanner. Everybody wanted to know where Jerome was, and since you were his supposed "best friend", they were all asking you questions.

"Have you seen Jerome?"

"Have Jerome and Tanner meant?"

"Does Jerome know about Tanner?"

You didn't understand why it was any of their business, but they wouldn't leave you alone, and soon enough you were gonna snap.

     You thought things were going good, until Tanner finally snapped and then things went downhill. He began drinking, and that eventually led to arguments, that led to him physically hurting you, which ended up with him apologizing and you forgiving him. You don't know what happened to you, but you were weak all of a sudden.

     One day, on your way back from grocery shopping, Tanner had another one of his fits. You were walking up to your house, when you felt like someone was watching you. You looked around and saw that there was nobody around. You ignored it and went inside.

You opened the door and he instantly began yelling. You didn't even get a chance to close the door.

     "Where the fuck were you!?" He shouted. You rolled your eyes and set down the groceries. "I went to get some groceries," you spat. "Don't you dare get an attitude with me! I'm not the slut that's running around and fucking every guy in Gotham!" He shouted. You looked at him with a death glare.

     "Yeah? Well I'm not the one that has managed to gain a beer belly in the span of a month!" You shouted. All of a sudden, there was the sound of glass shattering next to your head, and then you were showered in glass. You looked up in shock. The bastard threw his bottle at you. He ran up to you and pinned you against the wall. "What the fuck did you say!?" He shouted. "I said, what the fuck-" You were confused when you heard a loud bang and felt him let go of you, and then heard a thump.

     You opened your eyes and saw him on the floor, dead, with a bullet hole in his head. "Don't. Touch. Her." You heard someone say. You looked up and saw Jerome. Your eyes widened for a split second before you got yourself under control again.

     "What do you want?" You asked, walking to the kitchen to put the groceries away. You could practically hear Jerome roll his eyes. "What? No hello? No, oh Jerome I've missed you so much?" He asked sarcastically. It was your turn to roll your eyes. "Well, I could actually care less where you've been, and you kinda just killed my boyfriend," you snapped.

     He scoffed. "You mean this dickhead!? I literally just walked in to him about to beat the living shit out of you!" He shouted. You glared at him. "I'm pretty fucking capable of taking care of myself." He shook his head. "Yes, I know that, but that doesn't change the fact that he just put his hands on you!" You laughed.

     "And why do you care? Maybe I like it a little rough," You said. You saw Jerome's cheeks grow red. You giggled. "Tanner was nice enough to take me in and care for me when nobody else did," you said, looking at him. Jerome furrowed his eyebrows. "I care about you."

     You laughed. "The whole reason why we haven't talked in the last three months is because you said you only cared about Harley." He shook his head. "You know I didn't mean that." You could see the anger on his face. You smirked. "But you obviously didn't know that I was serious when I said leave and don't come back." He growled.

"We're supposed to be best friends," he said through clenched teeth. You scoffed. "Why are you here, Jerome?" You asked. "Because I broke up with Harley to be with you," he said. You spun around to face him. "What?" He stepped closer to you. "I broke up with Harley. After you told me that you loved me, I realized that I loved you, too. So, I broke up with Harley, and now I'm here to be with you, but I'm obviously not wanted, so I'll go," he said, turning away to leave.

     You stood there shocked for a moment before you came back to your senses. "Wait! Jerome!" You shouted. He turned around to face you. You ran up to him and wrapped your arms around his neck. He looked at you with confusion for a second causing you to smile. You leaned in and kissed him. It took Jerome a second to respond, but once he did it was the best feeling ever.

     His lips tasted of vanilla and were so soft and passionate, but at the same time they were rough and powerful. You would be lying if you said you didn't like the feelings running through your body. The electricity, the passion, the lust, the love.

     You and Jerome didn't pull away until you both needed air. Once you guys pulled away, you were smiling at each other. "So, where is Harley now?" You asked. He chuckled. "Wish I knew. She ran the minute I broke up with her. Said she was never coming back. God, I hope that's true," Jerome said, causing you to giggle.

     Jerome put his forehead against yours. "Ya know, I think I really do love you," Jerome confessed. You smiled and you could feel your cheeks burning with a blush. "Oh come on now, Valeska! You're not goin' soft on me are you?" You joked. You smirked and leaned in so you could whisper into his ear. "I like a man that's rough."

     You looked at Jerome and saw the pure lust in his eyes. "Well, I think you've been waiting long enough," he said. You looked at him confused. He smirked at you before picking you up and throwing you over his shoulder. "Jerome Valeska!" You shouted, giggling. You felt a slap on your ass that caused you to yelp.

     "I'm the boss here," he growled. You felt chills run down your back. Jerome stopped by Tanner's body. "Should we clean this up?" He asked. You thought  about it for a minute before shaking your head. "Like you said, I've been waiting long enough." Jerome laughed before running up the stairs for you guys to complete your... activities.