Forever and Always- Chapter 3

You stood behind the curtain waiting to go on. Jerome had gotten you the loveliest outfit. It was a black body suit with a black tutu. You also had on black gloves and a black headband. You haven't seen him yet, but you knew to expect the most from him.

You finally heard an announcer over the cheers of the crowd. "Yeah, we all know why we're here! Here comes Jerome everybody!" You saw Jerome dance out in front of the crowd. You laughed. He took a bow before spinning around and slapping his butt, causing you to giggle even more.

The best part was his outfit. It was a ringmaster's outfit, with white pants, black boots, a red coat, and of course, a black top hat.

"Hear ye, Hear ye! Gather round!" He began. "The show is about to... begin! But first, let me introduce to you, the one, the only, the lovely, and my girlfriend, Y/N Wayne!" You walked out to Jerome smiling. He held his hand out for you to take. You grabbed it and let him pull you into his arms.

You both watched the crowd cheer. Jerome put his hands up in the air and motioned for them to stop. The whole crowd stopped cheering, except for one guy. You and Jerome both slowly looked at him. He was dressed as a cowboy and dancing around like a total prick. "Let me here!" He shouted, and began laughing. You heard Jerome pull his gun out. "Come on now! Isn't Y/N looking sexy tonight!?"

You heard the gun shot and then the man falling to the floor. The crowd all gasped, which you thought was weird. Weren't they all here because they wanted to see people die? You rolled your eyes. Gotham. "Shut up!" Jerome shouted, then began laughing. The crowd followed along and you gave them another weird glance.

"That's better," Jerome said. "Can't have people trying to talk about my lady." He began chuckling. "Well, I think we can all agree that tonight was a rousing success." The crowd began cheering while you clapped. "We brought this miserable city to its knees." He ran and jumped onto a little podium. "So, how to thank the best darn cult of fanatics a messiah, like myself, could ever hope for? I give you..." he motioned to the curtain behind him.

You looked at saw that the two workers were talking instead of paying attention. You groaned. What a bunch of idiots. "Cue!" He yelled at them. They immediately began to to apologize.

"Oh. Yeah."

"Yes, yes sir."

They opened the curtain and out came Bruce tied to a pole. The crowd began to cheer as you skipped over to him. "I give you the climax of our festivities. The billionaire prince of Gotham, and my future brother-in-law... Bruuuuuuuce Waaaayne!" Jerome introduced. You smiled the biggest smile you could as he said his future brother-in-law. That meant Jerome wanted to marry you. It meant he was going to marry you.

Jerome jumped down and walked over to you and Bruce. "Well, so what do you say, Bruce? Should we end the night with a bang?" He asked. "Or better yet.... a boom?" Jerome turned to you and smiled. "What do you think, princess? Should we turn Brucie Boy into tiny little bits?" You turned to Bruce and saw the desperation on his face. "Y/N, please," he begged. You started to feel bad, but then you remembered all the shit that has happened in your life, all because of him. Jerome died because of him.

You turned to Jerome with a blank face. "I'm sorry, J," you said, causing him to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. "It's just that I don't want anything left of my brother. He doesn't deserve it," you said. Jerome began chuckling and the crowd was cheering. You turned to Bruce and saw that he was staring at you with sadness, but you didn't care. He deserved this. All you did was glare at him.

You turned and saw that they were pushing the cannon out. You turned back to Bruce and smiled. "Goodbye, Bruce. Tell mom and dad I said hi!"

Jerome jumped up next to Bruce and ruffled his hair. The crowd began chanting, "Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!" You stepped up onto the podium with Bruce while Jerome went to take care of the cannon. "Why are you doing this?" He asked. You rolled your eyes. "Because it's fun." He shook his head. "No. There's more you're not telling me. Why are you doing this for real?" He asked. You huffed and crossed your arms. "You're such a party pooper, Bruce! Fine. I'll tell ya. Remember when I got into that fight with that girl at school? Jade?" Bruce nodded.