Part 38 ~ Uninvited

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you want me to wait for him? sweetie, I'm here to talk to Michael . . he's the father of my child-"

"Ohh . . so it's about Zaira? . . is she alright? I hope everything's ok!"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about OUR daughter . . and for your information, YES, Zaira is fine . . I'm not here to talk to Michael about her . . we're totally at peace when it comes to our little girl . . I'm here to talk to Michael about something we talked about at the coffee house earlier this week"

Now I get it. 

That's what Theresa was talking about! . . earlier this week she called me in a frenzy and said she saw Michael at the coffee house with some woman. I never talked to him about it because I didn't want to sound jealous over nothing. . so I decided not to mention it. I had no idea the woman he met there was Nastasia! 

Good to know though . . . 

Good to know.

_____________________

I'm standing in the kitchen and I can't believe I already opened the bottle of wine I got for Michael and I. I'm just so mad and upset that this woman has to be here. I really wanted this night to be something special. Why did she have to show up? . . and what the hell were they talking about at the coffee house? I really wanna know.

I hope Michael has a good explanation for this. 

I really hope he does, 'cause I already feel my heart breaking and I don't even know why. Maybe because this woman is so utterly gorgeous . . or because he met her without even telling me about it. I'm all over the place right now. I don't know whether to hate this woman or be angry at Michael. I'm in between feelings. 

it's 6pm . . . thank the Lord in heaven, Nastasia is getting ready to leave. She's putting on her coat. "I just got a call, I need to leave, I'm sorry Destiny"

"Awww . . that's . . that's such a shame"

"I hope we can meet again soon . . tell Michael I will call him later tonight, ok?"

"Sure . . sure, I will . . drive safely"

"I sure will"

Nastasia closes the door and walks down the doorstep. Thank god she's gone. What the hell was she thinking? sitting in the living room, waiting for Michael like that . . thanks for that random phone call. Whoever it was. 

I take a look at the clock . . Michael should be here in about an hour. I'm starting to get a little nervous. I still have yet to take a shower and put on something cute for him. I better go do that now or I won't get to before he arrives home.

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

I'm on the road right now on my way back home. I'm excited to see Destiny. I wonder what she's whipping up in the kitchen. I bet it's gonna be great . . she's a wonderful cook. I really appreciate her taking the time to cook for us. I stop at the mall really quick and get myself a cup of coffee. I've been up since 4:30 this morning . . even though it's a Saturday, I just couldn't sleep. 

I pull into my driveway and notice a car parked next to Destiny's. That's my spot. Who's parked in my spot? . . I look at the clock. it's 6:15. I'm home earlier than I said I will be. The person just started the car and is now backing out of the spot. Wait a minute . . . 

That's Nastasia!

What is she doing here?! 

I roll down the window. "What are you doing here?" She rolls down the window. "I was here to talk to you . . you have great timing, Michael, I was just about to leave"