Day 4

NOTE: ねごと Negoto meaning "Sleep talk."

................................................................................

Makoto: Haru, it's the end of the week already.

Haru: Yeah..

Makoto: That means this is the last day of your sleepover.

Haru: I don't know why the hell it had to be a week long.

Makoto: Ahaha. Well...

Haru: It's your fault.

Makoto: WHAT?! Why?!

____________________________________

"I'll be right back," said Makoto, heading out the door with his twin siblings. Ran and Ren refused to leave Haru's house, thinking that Haru's house is far better than theirs.

"Big brother~~ We don't wanna goooooo."

"Now, now, Ran. Mom and dad must be really worried about you two right now."

"Mako-chan, as long as you're here with them, they shouldn't be worried! Besdies, you're always at Haru-chan's house!" Nagisa pointed something out. Makoto took a few moments to think about it, but still he had to bring them home.

"Unless mom and dad call, we can stay!" the twins declared.

"H-Haru, do something..!" Makoto whined.

"Why me? You're their big brother."

"B-But..!"

"Big brother, unless they call, we can stay!"

"What he said, Makoto." Haru added to Ren's reason. Makoto sighed and stepped back from the door. The twins grew way too excited as they watched their big brother fall into their tiny hands. Haru gave out a small sigh and went into the kitchen to cook something up.

"Haru-chan! Mako-chan! Rei-chan, Rin-chan and I are gonna go get something right quick!" Nagisa called out to them from the other room.

"Okay..!" Makoto replied with his gentle mommy voice. Haru didn't respond, but nodded as a response. He kept his focus directly towards the stove, keeping an eye on the fish he was preparing.

"Ren, let's go watch TV!"

"Okay!" The twins circled Makoto and gave him a big hug before running into the other room to watch TV. Makoto smiled at the little souls and walked into the kitchen to be with Haru.

"This sleepover's been really great..." Makoto complimented.

"Yeah..." muttered Haru. "You're the one who planned it, after all."

"Haha, that is true."

It was pure silence; Rin, Rei, and Nagisa had gone out to go get something, and the twins were happily watching TV. The only thing keeping Haru and Makoto silent was the crackling of the fire from the stove. The smell of fish filled up the house. It made Haru internally happy to smell his delicious food being cooked right before him. His face didn't show any signs of emotion, as he was totally focused on his cooked meal. Not once did he look up at Makoto to talk to him. All he did was nod. That's all he did. He thought that that alone would indicate his acknowledgement of others. Makoto was right beside with that motherly smile glued on his face. His attention was focused on Haru, only Haru.

"You know..." Makoto started. "A few weeks ago, Rei wanted me to join the poetry club."

"Oh?"

"Yup. I suck at poetry, but I do have something."

NEGOTOOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara