The Parting Glass

'Avalon. Galvatron has raised the dead Predacons! You need to wake and help your comrades!' Prima urged making my optics snap open. My matrix pulsed powerfully to try and protect me from some unseen energy.

"Oh no." I jumped from my berth and scooped up my kids before running to the main room. "Guys!"

"Avalon, you should be resting." Ironhide looked at me.

"No when Galvatron has raised an army of Predacon Zombies!" fear flowed through my energon lines as I looked at my sleeping children.

"What do we do?" Sideswipe asked.

"Has anyone made contact with Optimus?" I asked looking at the team.

"Nothing." Bee replied.

"Damn it." I cursed. I spotted June and Fowler off to the side. "June, could you babysit again?"

"Of course. You're needed out there, to lead the team." she took Arreis and Orion and headed off her rooms.

"We'll need to get onto the Nemesis. This ship is designed for transport. Not combat." I said. "Jack, Raf, Fowler. Stay here and protect June and the sparklings. Miko, we're down two Wreckers. So you're going with us."

"All right!" the femme cheered. We all grabbed what weapons we could from my armory and then bridged onto the Nemesis. Bulkhead flew the ship while Bee and I worked on a battle strategy.

"How did you learn battle strategy?" the Knight asked.

"My first Autobot guardian was the Optimus Prime back home." I replied as Fowler came up.

"Prime, what's the plan?" he looked over the English translation. I went to reply but...

"Autobots, surrender this ship!" Starscream ordered behind us. I saw the Vehicons and Knockout there next to the seeker.

"We're kinda busy saving the planet. Here, have a snack." I transformed my servo into one of the cannons I took from my ship and shot a couple of the drones. They backed off and the team opened fire. "Also that's not the immobilizer."

"What?!" the seeker looked scared now.

"Nighty night. Bitch." I charged and punched the seeker in the jaw, knocking him out. I turned to the red grounder. "Wanna taste of my fist?"

"N-no thank you." he backed away in surrender. "I just want to join the winning team."

"Lock up this wussy and then you can join the team." I kicked Screamer's head a little too hard before turning to the bridge.

"Are we there yet?" Smokescreen asked.

"Right on time. And so is Unicron." Bee replied. I drew my relics and headed for the weapons controls.

"Let's see if these beastie Zombies like the taste of Ions." I started firing while bulkhead flew the ship. The zombies flew into the air and I started shooting them down. "Like fish in a barrel."

"Your saying are weird." Ironhide noted. "I like that."

Grimlock looked like he want out there, but I assured him, he would get his fill of combat soon.

"Ah! Zombie con!" Knockout screamed running away from the window as Bee and Arcee jumped to attack if it broke in. Until fire started taking out the zombies.

"Is it Optimus?" Arcee asked. My face lit up in hope.

"Predaking." Bulkhead replied.

"That's still good." I noted

"Predacon allies. Good call Bee. To think that Optimus almost passed the Matrix down to me!" Smokescreen smiled. Bee and I froze, since I had given the weapons control to the twins.