New Recruit

A month has passed since I was sent away from home by Quintessa. Team Prime has been kind to me, but I still kept to myself for fear of getting too close and then something bad happening. Grant it, I would spend time with the children, but when I wasn't with them, I was on missions or on the roof trying to clear my mind. A few times when I was on the roof, Optimus had come across me; sitting on the edge singing softly to myself. But here recently after dealing with Optimus being framed, Agent Fowler being grilled about the team, Bulkhead getting trapped on the Decepticon warship, Dark energon making yet another appearance. Only this time, I couldn't help because I was in stasis lock with the others and my arm had broken when I fell frozen in mid flight, the hunt for Iaconian relics; some I found on my own were from my dimension and Optimus let me keep them, Optimus went to Antarctica, Ratchet and Wheeljack messed with Soundwave, and Bulkhead became gravely injured due to a toxic substance known as Tox-En. Today was pretty lax and I decided to help with the decoding of relics. Though I was doing that from a datapad connected to the main computer. Shocked the hell out of Ratchet when he learned I could read Iaconian.

"For the hundredth time! I can read Iaconian because of my guardians. Another Cybertronian language I can read is the Language of the Primes, but that was within the past year." I gave the medic a blank stare. Jack and Raf were looking for images of Bee and replacing them with other pictures, while Miko was helping Bulkhead with therapy.

"Why can't I just drive from now on?" the green mech asked panting. Ratchet turned to him.

"Because your legs will atrophy if you choose not to use them." the medic snapped. I grabbed a wrench I carried with me from my foster parents and threw it at the white and orange mech. "Dawn..."

"Don't be an ass, you won't get the mini wrench of doom." I pressed a button on a small remote and the wrench came flying back.

"Wait... what's that?" Jack asked looking at an image. I got up and moved behind the boys next to Bee. Raf zoomed in and all energon left my face.

"A cybertronian escape pod?" Raf looked up at me then the others.

"Here in Earth's atmosphere?" the medic had a confused expression as Optimus walked up to us. The young boy transferred the image to the big computer so everyone could see.

"Autobot or Decepticon?" Arcee asked.

"Impossible to tell, given the image resolution." Ratchet said.

"In any event, this merits investigation." Optimus added. His clearer and deeper voice made my spark skip a beat.

"On the day I finally decide to wear a dress. What could go wrong?" I muttered jumping off the platform.

 What could go wrong?" I muttered jumping off the platform

"Thanks for the lift, Arcee." I jumped from the femme when we got to the other side of the groundbridge and landed in a puddle of energon, some splashing onto my dress. "Imma kill the fucker in the pod. Autobot or not."