The State Fair Talent Show

"So, is everyone ready?" I asked tying the red blouse of my outfit. Thanks to my holocover, I was able to go out in public.

"I'm so excited!" Miko cheered as she stood next to Bulkhead.

"Do we all have to go?" Ratchet complained.

"Would you shut up? You, Ironhide, and Ultra Magnes are staying here to monitor for Decepticon activity." I rolled my eyes. Ratchet was able to modify my holocover to give me pupils and irises.

"Dawn, it is time to go." Optimus transformed into a Western Star 3900. Just like the Optimus from back home used too.

"Yeah." I nodded.

     Raf hopped in Bee, Jack got on Arcee, June was with Smokescreen, Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were alone, and Miko was with Bulkhead. Ratchet activated the groundbridge on the Temenos and we all left. We were let out in a clearing in the woods. The bots activated their holoforms and drove out into the field to park. Though the Twins and Arcee had to park on the blacktop. Once we all met up and I paid for the tickets, everyone scattered in their assigned groups. Though at eleven-thirty, we were meeting at the stage for the talent competition. I already had a song picked and perfected. Growing up in Kentucky, and bringing the Team to the Kentucky State Fair, was a good change of scenery and familiarity.

 Growing up in Kentucky, and bringing the Team to the Kentucky State Fair, was a good change of scenery and familiarity

"What should we do first?" Optimus offered me his arm after we got our hands stamped for the rides.

"Lets go on the Ferris wheel first. It's relaxing." I led him to the giant wheel and we got into one of the buckets after barely waiting in line.

"This is normally something that I do not partake in." Optimus admitted.

"Because Primes don't party." I sighed looking out over the area.

"Yes. But this is something else." Optimus slipped his arm around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder and smiled at the faint smell of his holoform's flannel. It had the slight hint if diesel fuel, musk, and chocolate. When the ride was over, Optimus and I headed to the animal barns upon my begging him.

"I think there is one animal here you will adore." I smiled leading him over to a pen of baby goats. As soon as Optimus laid sight on them, a smile formed on his face.

"They are quite cute." Optimus reached his hand in and a baby goat came up to him and nuzzled the offered appendage.

"Told you so." I crossed my arms triumphantly. We spent the rest of the time riding rides till our alarms went off to meet at the stage for the talent show. "I'll be right back. I have to go change for the show."

"Alright." Optimus gave me a quick kiss as I scampered off to one of the nearby bathrooms.