Choices

-Back in the Bayverse-

"So how are we gonna get Dawn back?" Ironhide demanded of Optimus after he had forgiven him for his actions while under Quintessa's control.

"There is no way to get back. Travel to other dimensions is one way." Optimus Prime sighed. His spark ached knowing he allowed the one he still loved to be sent away forever.

"So it's a lost cause then?" Ratchet looked at his friend in disbelief. "Ironhide and I had taken care of Dawn when she lost everything. Yes you were her first guardian, but if you remember. When you were never around, she was with one of us. Dawn is practically our sparkling."

"I understand that." Optimus gave the medic a sharp look. "Which is why I'm giving you a choice. Stay here or be with her. But I must warn you. Quintessa sent Dawn to a dimension where there is already a Ratchet. Meaning only Ironhide could go."

"You expect us to split apart for eternity?" Ironhide growled.

"I'm giving you a week to decide." Optimus walked off and entered the Knight's Temenos. Ratchet turned to Ironhide.

"Dawn being alone in that dimension could be deadly for her. No one would know how her prosthetics work with her organic material. Only the two of us do." Ratchet told his mate, worry flowing through their bond.

"There's a Ratchet there, maybe we can send the datapad with all her information on it to them instead." Ironhide suggested. "Along with one for her with letters from everyone on it."

"That might work. Let's get to work." Ratchet and Ironhide headed for the ship and to their quarters to get to work.

Meanwhile in the Primeverse on the Nemesis...

Dreadwing was knelt before Megatron, giving a report of what happened at the shipyard. As he recounted the encounter where a flying human with cybernetic limbs was with the Autobots, Megatron became greatly interested and had Dreadwing show him a holographic image the seeker was able to capture. As the image of a half-naked Dawn holding a floating relic appeared, Megatron made a slightly disgusted noise at the fact that Dawn was shirtless, but when he saw the very visible markings where metal met flesh. On one arm, he noticed a very cybertronian looking item wrapped at the spot where the prosthetic limb was joined to her body.

"Tell me, Dreadwing. What is the human doing in this image." Megatron never took his gaze off the woman.

"She told me to come after her instead, saying she was a Prime from another dimension, where she was called The Rising Sun. But when I was surrounded she informed me that she was only the protector of the relic she called the Matrix of Leadership. I was able to scan her bio signature and discovered that she is indeed from another dimension of Cybertronians." the seeker explained.

Soundwave came forward and showed an image of the Autobot symbol and a question mark. Silently asking if since she was with the Autobots, as more could follow her.

"Not likely. I know little of how interdimensional travel works, but I know for sure that one cannot return to the dimension they had been in previous." Megatron studied the serious face of the woman. Upon closer inspection, he also saw part of her optic. "Dreadwing, what is her skill level in combat."

"Dead optic. Hardly never misses. Just like that fragging Autobot Ironhide." the seeker clenched his servo into a fist.

"She could prove useful to the Decepticon cause. From now on, any chance any of you get, bring me The Rising Sun." Megatron began to chuckle, but it turned into malicious laughter.

-Bayverse: A week Later-

"What is your decision?" Optimus asked entering the Medbay of the ship.

"We're staying, but Ironhide and I have packed a pod with things for Dawn and some supplies for the Ratchet there to use should something ever happen to Dawn." Ratchet replied gesturing to the large pod that could hold Bumblebee.

"We've bought her some of her favorite clothes and packed everything from her house." Ironhide added.

"Very well." Optimus pulled out a datapad from his subspace. "Put this in the pod. as well. There is just enough power in the central chamber to send the pod, but then any further use of the transport will be futile."

"We... understand." Ratchet and Ironhide sighed in unison. Emotions flowed through their bond. But their loyalties lied with the Autobots. Dawn didn't come into their lives till later. The mates had been Autobots way before she even existed.

"I will help you carry the pod." Optimus and the three mechs lifted the pod and carried it out of the ship and into the central chamber of Cybertron. Upon arrival, the three were shocked to see all the Autobots there.

"Optimus... with Dawn gone. We want to hold a small funeral/farewell service since we will never get to see her again." Bumblebee motioned to all the somber Autobots.

"That is very noble of you. All of you." Optimus, Ratchet, and Ironhide placed the pod where the portal would open as everyone gathered around. Hound pulled out a device and it powered on, creating a large image of a smiling Dawn in a flattering sundress dancing with Optimus on her twenty-fifth birthday.

"Autobots, today we honor the life of Dawn Avalon Summers. She was The Rising Sun, who brightened all of our lives in even the most trying of times. Dawn saved many of our lives, at the cost of nearly her own. With each major battle, Dawn gave up a part of her humanity. First her eye, then her arms, legs, and lastly her organic heart." many Autobots growled at the memory of Lockdown's experimentation on Dawn. "Before I left Earth to hide the Seed, I bestowed upon her the Matrix of Leadership. Thus making her a Prime. She doesn't know that she's one, only knowing she is safeguarding the relic. Are there any of you who wish to send Dawn anything while the pod is still here?"

Each bot came up with a little handmade figurine of themselves. Bee brought forward four figurines. One of himself, one of Optimus, and one of Ratchet and Ironhide. The Dinobots stepped forward and each placed a different weapon, modified to change size for her use. The three mechs closest to Dawn watched with coolant in their optics, at all the bots the woman had made an impact on. Once everyone was finished. Jazz had them all get into one big group so he could take a picture of them, including himself. Optimus, Ironhide, and Ratchet were in the center while the others stood around them. With smiles and waving poses, the picture automatically took itself and downloaded to a holo-device.

"Autobots, I thank you for being here. As we give a final farewell to Dawn Summers, The Rising Sun of Cybertron. Forever known as Avalon Prime to us." Optimus placed the holo-device in the pod and Ratchet sealed it, only to be opened by her genetic signature. Once the medic stepped back, Optimus activated the transporter and they all watched as the pod disappeared through a swirling vortex of green, blue, and violet light. When the vortex closed, silence filled the great metal planet.

"Let's build a her a statue in the center of the others of the other Primes." Crosshairs suggested.

"That is a wonderful idea." Drift nodded. The bots in charge of construction wasted no time running off to the newly restored Center of Iacon and set to work. Making hers the tallest and they decorated it with her birthstone on her shield and glowing energon for her optic.

 Making hers the tallest and they decorated it with her birthstone on her shield and glowing energon for her optic