Chapter 34

My own little infinity vanished when Ponyboy walked into the room. Why was his face brusied? Where had he been? I wasn't angry anymore, I was just severely confused. Johnny and Dally had left, leaving just the three of us in the silent hospital room.

"Does someone want to explain to me what's happenin? I'm awfully confused." The silence grew heavier and all I could hear was my own heartbeat. Quinn didn't want to explain, which left things up to Pony.

"Well...I...uh." He was struggling. He was choking on his own words.

"Spill it Ponyboy" I said sternly. His eyes were wide and full of sorrow, making me feel almost bad for him. But it was about time I got answers.

"I kissed Quinn to make you jealous. I wanted you to be hurt like you hurt me. I'm sorry. It was wrong." My heart sunk deep into my already empty chest.

"I'm a grenade Ponyboy, you know that" I kept calm. My breaths grew tired and short. It was getting hard to breathe under all the pressure of heartbreak.

"Did you want me to explode? To snap. To break? Do you really want that for me? If you loved me, you wouldn't have enjoyed my pain. What the hell is wrong with you? As if I didn't have enough problems already." And it all exploded out. But I wasn't done yet.

"You think you know me, but you don't..you never did! You're in love with this idea of me. You don't want to know the real Tara. She's crushing under all this pressure. And all of her is wondering why she's still here when everyone else seems to hate her. I like you Ponyboy, and I would never do anything to hurt you. Even if you deserved it"

The room grew silent as my rampage came to an end. Quinn stared at Ponyboy, who stared at me. My head was killing me. And I couldn't breathe anymore. I felt my lungs collapse under all the sadness built inside me. My nose began to bleed and my face grew very pale.

The dead rose dropped from my small hands as I fell to the floor in one quick motion. I was sick. Deathly sick. People rushed around me as doctors transported my dying body to Floor C.

Urgent care.