Chapter 21

I could tell Tara was really upset over the Pony-Soda thing. I shouldn't have told her anything. But then, we wouldn't be somewhat friends now.

I want to be her friend. She could use one other than the gang. I saw Darry looking at me worriedly. He walked over.

"Quinn, what happened tonight?" he asked me, his stone face softened. He took me into the hallway to talk alone, privately.

"I was alone, who knows where. Some Socs showed up and they were drunk. Th-they pinned me against the wall and they - they tried to - " I choke up. I cover my mouth with my hand and let out a choked up sob.

" What?" I hear from behind me. I turn around and who is standing there, but Johnny. His eyes were as red as mine. I look over my shoulder and find out that Darry left.

What a friend. I look back at Johnny and wrap my arms around his neck. His hands go to my waist and he pulls me closer to him.

He rubs my back soothingly. I bury my head in his shoulder.

" Please Quinn... stop doing this to yourself. Please..." he says. I nod my head. His scent on the jacket soothed me. Not because it smelled like cigarettes, but it smelled like him.

He pulled away a little and tilted my chin up to meet his eyes. He kissed me gently and quickly. I pull away completely.

"I have to find Ponyboy. Tara's upset and he was too." I say. Johnny nods and I walk down to Pony's room.